WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Scott "One Leg" Rogers

Imagine my surprise to hear Paul Harvey talking about "One Leg" on Armed Forces Network radio today! Then, was thrilled to see an article and photo of him in Thursday's edition (25 March) of Stars and Stripes paper. Way to go Scott!!! I hope all his publicity will be an inspiration for all to accept the challenges we sometimes face and then get on with life.
    "Just trying to keep life simple."

Default One Leg

A nice article, with photo, appeared in the Asheville paper, and I am also wishing him well. The article also tells of an 8-year old boy in Clarksville, TN who lost use of a leg after an accident and plans to have the leg amputated so he can get a bionic model. Obviously "one leg" (Scott) is already a hero there.

BTW Chappy, I was stationed with the 2nd Infantry Division at Tong Du Chon in 1984-85.
    Last edited by Brushy Sage; 03-24-2004 at 09:54. Reason: Misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Brushy Sage
    BTW Chappy, I was stationed with the 2nd Infantry Division at Tong Du Chon in 1984-85.
    I go there ocassionally. Most of my time is spent in Seoul where I'm more concerned with dodging cars instead of bullets!

Just read CNN report on "One Leg." Apparently, he will not be the first amputee to complete the AT. According to the article, Carl Moon from Elberton, GA, completed the AT in 1992. Seems Wingfoot requested that the AT Conference review their records and that's how they came up with the story. This certainly doesn't lessen the effort of Scott Rogers.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/03/....ap/index.html

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brushy Sage
    A nice article, with photo, appeared in the Asheville paper, and I am also wishing him well. The article also tells of an 8-year old boy in Clarksville, TN who lost use of a leg after an accident and plans to have the leg amputated so he can get a bionic model. Obviously "one leg" (Scott) is already a hero there..

Brushy:

The young boy, Lane Milliken, is from Dover, TN (about 30 miles west of Clarksville) & will undergo the amputation operation in June.

Scott "One Leg" Rogers has dedicated his hike to the young man.

www.OneLegWonder.com

WTVF-TV ("NewsChannel 5") in Nashville is chronicling Scott's journey. (www.NewsChannel5.com) with a story about Scott's visit with Lane Milliken recently,..& today featured Scott's A.T. start @ Springer Mtn. (Mar 22nd)

The TV photo-journalist that is covering the journey is also a thru-hiker (Mike Rose aka: "Diddle"-class of '95)...& will be covering him @ several points along the trail...& will see him @ his finish. Too Coooooool!
    Last edited by Jaybird; 03-30-2004 at 17:52.
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

Images

There was a big article on him in the Sunday Portland newspaper here in Maine, also. Good luck to him, I'll be following his progress.
    Greg P.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default One Leg's LATEST!

Scott "One Leg" Rogers has posted a new entry on his trail journal page on his website:

http://www.onelegwonder.com/page2.html

Good Luck Scott!
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

A proper quick, brave, steady, ready gentleman! ocourse's Avatar

Has anyone heard anything about Scott Rogers? In the past we would email some, but I lost contact. Yes, I know I'm reviving a very old thread.

Good Luck Scott! [/QUOTE]
    I've learned....
    That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I believe he started and nearly completed a thru-hike in 2004. I remember his journal on Trailjournals.com and despite hiking from Springer to Winding Stair in March 2004, I never met him. I do recall attending a speech he gave. Seemed like a good guy. I wish him well.

++ New Posts ++