WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Hey, if you don't want to drive all the way, there are folks coming from PA or Northern VA. PM me if you want their contact information. If there's room, you should leave your car somewhere and travel with friends.

Default Thanks

Jack,

Thanks for being thoughtful. I am heading through Chicago, and Virginia would be quite out of the way. Also, there might be the possibility of me finding a job in NH after the fact. Trying to use some of the same magic I used on Beauty Spot in 2007. If that's the case, we might end up being neighbors.

No worries, I'd be looking forward to watching 75,000 Spaniards knowing all the words to Bruce Springsteen.
    -Boo Boo

GA=>ME=>?? '04

cell phone: 863-677-0797
    email: [email protected]

Default Last Post for awhile.....

Heading off to work, then leaving around midnight for Glencliff. Early start tomorrow on the cooking, looking forward to seeing some good folks at the end of the day. Hope to see lots of you there this weekend, have a safe and happy trip.

Anyone who gets lost, the hostel is across the street from the US Post Office in Glencliff NH on Rt. 25; phone is (603) 989-0040.

Oh, and the senior kitchen consultant, when asked what we still might need, had this to say: Pies. Repeat, pies. So if you feel like bringing anything, there you have it, otherwise we're in really great shape.

See some of you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Heading off to work, then leaving around midnight for Glencliff. Early start tomorrow on the cooking, looking forward to seeing some good folks at the end of the day. Hope to see lots of you there this weekend, have a safe and happy trip.

Anyone who gets lost, the hostel is across the street from the US Post Office in Glencliff NH on Rt. 25; phone is (603) 989-0040.

Oh, and the senior kitchen consultant, when asked what we still might need, had this to say: Pies. Repeat, pies. So if you feel like bringing anything, there you have it, otherwise we're in really great shape.

See some of you soon!
    Bobcat comes with 4 pies (2 pumpkin, 1 peanut butter and 1 apple), NOT enough for hungry hikers...
    "There are people who plan and people who do, I'm a doer."

Images

I'm bringing homemade doughnuts, plain and molasses,for Sunday morn breakfast, I'll try to throw a pie or two together as well, mincemeat!
    Do one thing everyday...that makes you happy...

Quote Originally Posted by boarstone View Post
    I'm bringing homemade doughnuts, plain and molasses,for Sunday morn breakfast, I'll try to throw a pie or two together as well, mincemeat!
    That's a long ride for you! Molasses doughnuts? Maybe that's why this thread is titled "Sticky Trashgiving"
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

For those of you that have a long drive, at least gas is going cheap. Its down to $1.81 around Philadelphia.

Panzer

I got it for 1.52 at this place I know in Jersey.

Images

Default En route....

Looks like a few folks are getting closer en route Jester and Mathewski were just passing through Rutland VT headed to Hanover than Glencliff. Cars and trucks are being loaded with S#%*t! First arrivals to Glencliff arounf 1am (Jack and Bearpaw) Looking forward to alot of hugs. Peace Out Everybody!!!! Off to the land of no internet or cell phones. The phone at the hostel does work however 603-989-0040
    Blister "Bitchen" Sister

Images

Smile Long ride...

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    That's a long ride for you! Molasses doughnuts? Maybe that's why this thread is titled "Sticky Trashgiving"
    It won't be too bad, 180 according to my TOPO! program, I'll see what my odometer reads...no different than going to a trailhead! Great ride w/ great scenery/cheap gas/free time....get to meet new folk, eat good food and share "trail tails"....

Anyone know the address of the hostel?
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

Quote Originally Posted by mrc237 View Post
    In the Companion

PO Box 25
    1396 NH Rt 25
    Glencliff, NH 02325

Images

Default Gps?

Quote Originally Posted by mrc237 View Post
    Hey EZ, if you are trying to put Glencliff into a gps, if it is an older one like mine, it won't take. I just put in the town of Warren NH which is just south of Glencliff on 25 and will continue north until I hit the hostel.
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

Im jealous. wish i was there. as long as were talking about gatherings though I'd like to send an invite out to all who might be near Standing Bear Farm around earth day 2009. It will be the 1st annual Standing Bear Farm hoedown jamboree and hootenanny earth day extravaganza happening on Monday April 20th. come one come all. we could also use some help cooking a pig. Jack, are you listening?

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound View Post
    Im jealous. wish i was there. as long as were talking about gatherings though I'd like to send an invite out to all who might be near Standing Bear Farm around earth day 2009...on Monday April 20th.
    Oh yeah...heck yeah! Earf Day!

i will be there tomorrow morning, pie and all!
    Two Beers.

And it was good!

"...which also disintegrates condoms"
    "There are people who plan and people who do, I'm a doer."

No problem finding the hostel. Great event, many thanks to the cooks, servers and cleaner-uppers.
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

Images

Had a great meal, met some nice folks, thanks to the kitchen crew for all your hard work, hope to see ya out on the trail next year....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++