While still waiting on the perfect one man shelter, and winter comming now, I'm fiddling around with a few shelter options in the garden, trying to make up my mind about weight, wind, rain, snow, temperatures, comfort, money, etc.etc.etc.. As a none-walkingpole person, I'm asking about what's the weight of a good pair of those sticks to use with a so called walking pole supported shelter ? If 15 oz ? and maybe 25 oz for the shelter, plus another 10 oz stakes and bags and stuff, it's 50 oz, or almost the weight of the Akto, that even adds a 10 to 15 F boost, that again can save some oz on the sleepingbag. I would better be inside a tent in summer than a tarp in winter For a niceweather summer weekend thought I see a tarpthing to be usefull, just for the fun of it, but in some serious weather, I simply expect the tarp and sticks and stuff to blow away, or in best case, just to let me freeze all night long, or what ? Why didn't God gift me with the spirit of seeing the "tarp and stick" light Maybe it's a permanent handicap, that I just have to accept

MaxEagleEyes