WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tarp vs Tent

Images

Actually the Tipi pyramid has been around a lot longer than that, thanks to our aboriginal ancestors in North America.....

Manufacturers of big, burly, heavy 4 season tents will tell you that you need it or you will die in the backcountry. Why? Because they manufacture big, burly, heavy 4 season tents.

I am amazed that ultra long distance hikers like Justin Licthner, Andrew Skurka, and Francis Tapon will hike through horrid winter conditions and make it out just fine. Doing so takes more skill and planning, but isn't this what 'it' is all about?

By the way, Mark Verber's web page is a revalation to most as it breaks down the facts. Nice job Mark - highly recommended.

Springer-->Stony Brook Road VT MedicineMan's Avatar
    Images

Default Duo-Mid on order, Shangri-La in hand

for those curious about turn around times (I know in the paddling community when a sea kayak is ordered many are curious how long it takes to recieve), I just ordered a MLD Duo-Mid (cuben)....we'll see how long it takes.
    Start out slow, then slow down.

Images

also you dont need hiking poles for a tarp. If you can find two trees you can tie a line between them and drape the tarp over it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++