WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Charlottesville-Shuttle Needed

I'm flying into Charlottesville on Wed 12 May and need a shuttle to Blackrock Gap and then from Rockfish Gap back to Charlottesville on Sat the 15th. If you know of someone, please respond.

Thanks
    MikeK

Mike--

The closest major trail town to Charlottesville is Waynesboro; if you go to www.atconf.org I'm sure you'll find a good list of folks in the area who can help you out (they have a very extensive list of shuttlers; it's done state-by-state). If there are several, you can call them all to get an idea about rates.

Default Bus

I am pretty sure you can get a bus from Waynesboro to Charlottesville. Check out the Greyhound bas website if that is any help.

Images

Default Waynesboro to Charlottsville

Yes, Greyhound has one remaining schedule from Waynesboro to Charlottsville. They just recently discontinued the 2nd run. The bus picks up behind (or near) Weases restaurant. I agree that it would be worth checking at the visitors center at Rockfish Gap. Waynesboro has many volunteers who schuttle hikers. For that long a trip, I would insist on offering gas money to whoever takes you.

Default Bus Service

Just took the bus from Charlottesville to Waynesboro last week so i'm sure you can do the reverse trip. If you have a little extra time check out the Charlottesville outdoor mall. Nice old historic district with great outdoor cafes.

++ New Posts ++