WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

One Small Section at a Time Frau's Avatar
    Images

Default Outdoor Trails and Vasque Breeze

Just went to Outdoor Trails' Lynchburg store. Formerly we had only dealt with the Daleville branch. I am amazed at how much better the selection is at L'burg! I wasn't looking for boots and got a great pair of Vasque Breeze XCR boots 40% off--they fit great and suit me for wet winter weather, so I couldn't turn it down. There were MANY different brands and sizes ALL 40% off, I just wish I could afford to cash in.

Nessmuk already calls me Imelda, though, soI am practicing restraint.

We hiked Peavine Mt. yesterday, where the old AT was routed (on a low section) and I wore the boots. The trustworthy Chameleons were in my pack in case of disaster. No problems though. Now I am a convert to Vasque.

The sales guy recommended some heavier and very stiff Montrails, but I make it a point NOT to buy footware that isn't instantly comfortable.

Certainly hope these boots last me at least a year. Any comments from other Vasque wearers?

(I am stashing money away to get some 40% off Bstocks, now)

Frau

I used only one pair of boots on my thru-hike this year. A pair of Vasque Breeze XCR's. The soles are shot, they're beat up, and shoe gooed together in a few places, but I definatly got my money's worth out of them.

Images

Boy, am I glad to hear that. AFTER I brought them home I checked prices on eBay and saw that I had gotten a good deal. They seem sturdy enough.

What is shoe goo? A special hole repair glue?

Tanx,

Frau

I love Vasque, my first pair last me 10 yrs.I got a new pair this Spring & didn't even have to wear them before hitting the trail. Best brand for womens boot fit very well.

Images

LW--Thanks for the link. Is it available in hardware stores, Wally World, etc? [Each time I have been to Damascus I have seen you but have not introduced myself. Next time I will.]

CRobin-- I walked up the mountain and down with no prob. in brand new ones. It was only 7 miles though. We are heading down NOC way the week after Christmas and I hope to have made sure I can go at least 12 with no problems. Nessmuk can't hike over 10/day so I don't have to worry about high miles except in case of emergency. Ten years! I can only hope for half that return on my investment!

Frau

did 1,000 miles of PCT with Vasque Breeze boots, non-goretex. they worked great and are still going strong. good desert shoe....breathes GREAT but seem a little slippery in the mud back here in the east.

geek

Images

Thanks for the caution about the mud.

Now I am hoping I can fix a small hole in a convertible top with the Shoe Goo

Frau

I have the breeze in low top non gtx and high top gtx. They just fit my feet perfectly, with blue superfeet, and have never given me anything but happy feet, lol. Hard to find perfect shoes, but the toe box on them is just right for my feet. Seem pretty tough, don't have a ton of miles on them, maybe about 200 each pair. At the very tip, the rand seems to separate from the shoe top slightly, no big deal so far, shoe goo rules.

The fit for me makes them perfect.

Does Vasque Breeze come in a wide. I have a hard time finding wide boots.
    You are never too old.

Images

Zappos.com has a search function by wide sizing.

Who "they" build shoes for I don't know, but it ain't me.

Images

I have a wide foot and a high arch and these fit me. Might just be the women's are this way, though.

I tried on a different style of size 8 Vasque at the same store, and they were too short--go figure.

Frau,

No wonder we like these boots, I have for sure high arches, and while i don't know about foot widths, i am sure mine aren't on narrow side, much more likely the wide end.

I don't know if they come in widths. The "regular" ones that come out of the back room fit me fine.

I just bought a pair of Vasque Breeze XCR boots. The men's at least come in regular and wide. I know because I definitely needed the wide.

++ New Posts ++