WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Weekend Getaways at AMC Mohican Outdoor Center

Can anyone share their experience at one of the Mohican Outdoor Center's weekend getaways? I'm planning to sign up for a free Trail Work Weekend, as well as one of the hiking & yoga, snowshoeing, or young members retreats, and wondered what I can anticipate:

http://www.outdoors.org/lodging/lodg...d-getaways.cfm

It's a great facility, very nice location, and always has really nice folks working there.

Dunno what one of their "weekend getaways" is like, but if it's anything like the Boston chapter, expect a lot of AMC yupsters socializing and looking for romance with other woodsy, progressive, enviro-crunchy types.

In short, expect to get hit on a lot.

last time i went to one of them things the ladies were all over me. i felt like a side of meat.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sheneequa View Post
    Can anyone share their experience at one of the Mohican Outdoor Center's weekend getaways? I'm planning to sign up for a free Trail Work Weekend, as well as one of the hiking & yoga, snowshoeing, or young members retreats, and wondered what I can anticipate:

http://www.outdoors.org/lodging/lodg...d-getaways.cfm
    Been through there a couple of times, staying on a platform. Got the "thrill" (for lack of an acceptable word) of being around an AMC group - I think Jack and LW hit the nail on the head.
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

I stayed there this year, very nice facilities, great people working there as well, I really enjoyed my stay.

Kirby

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    In short, expect to get hit on a lot.
    Come on Jack. Don't discourage the girl. KIds that age don't like to get hit on -- do they????

I say just go. It'll be fun. Don't heed Lone Wolf's comment about feeling "like a piece of meat." Remember, he's an old guy. You may feel differently. You may also be disappointed. Jack and Lone Wolf have very active imaginations.

Weary

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    Come on Jack. Don't discourage the kid. He's 17 or 18. KIds that age don't like to get hit on -- do they????

I say just go, Kirby. It'll be fun. Don't heed Lone Wolf's comment about feeling "like a piece of meat." Remember, he's an old guy. You may feel differently. You may also be disappointed. Jack and Lone Wolf have very active imaginations.

Weary
    dude. pay attention. kirby ain't inquiring about the joint, Sneneequa is. i ain't never been there. was being funny. forgot the

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    dude. pay attention. kirby ain't inquiring about the joint, Sneneequa is. i ain't never been there. was being funny. forgot the
    You respond too fast, Lone Wolf. I replaced Kirby when after about 20 seconds, I realized my error.

Weary

++ New Posts ++