WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post

I don't have any money but I got the banks believing in me.
    kinda like the amish

Journal Entries
    Images

Sounds Good.

I don't have any money but I got the banks believing in me.

Well, what more could you ask for, other than owning them outright!?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    kinda like the amish
    What's Amish?You know us Hillbillies are a little backwards.Like when I saw "An Officer And A Gentleman" on the theater marque I thought it was a double feature.Or whe I first heard of Arsinal Hall I thought it was a new fire dept.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiter View Post
    damn i need to pay my donation again so i can edit...
    well not 'your town', but the town you live in
    I sent mine in a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    And enforce the rules. Personally, I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it, what you have going now in Franklin for hikers seems to be working well. But if expanding your services is your idea, then go for it. Try it for a season and see how it goes, if not, don't sweat it and go back to just the Budget and Sapphire.
    This is what I had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by papa john View Post
    You could buy the old Rainbow Springs Campground and get that running again.
    They ask me $790,000 for that place.

Quote Originally Posted by yappy View Post
    if you could put it on the hotel property that would probably work.. having off property would end up being a pain and would pull you in 2 many directions. You go THE hotel on the AT....whatever you do don't just do it for us, make it work for YOU.
    Yappy it is 300ft away from Budget Inn

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    If any of these ventures require medical support, I hope you'll keep me in mind.
    I am afraid with no more experience than I have with medicine the sheriff would come for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg View Post
    Nice looking motel Ron. That would make 3? Damn near a conglomerate!!
    Maybe things will work out for us.I thought I had a deal for Days Inn in Franklin but everytime we think we got something they back out.

Images

Yappy it is 300ft away from Budget Inn
    Is this the place that is just up the hill across the street? I think I saw a sign that read something like Haven's Apartments.

What's Amish?You know us Hillbillies are a little backwards.Like when I saw "An Officer And A Gentleman" on the theater marque I thought it was a double feature.Or whe I first heard of Arsinal Hall I thought it was a new fire dept.

The Amish are the folks you may have seen in the movie "Witness" w/ Harrison Ford & Kelly NcGillis...devout folks who are concentrated in the western PA area around Lancaster especially (my wife's family is from around that area). Horse & buggies, simple black & white clothing (with no buttons!), most all men have beards, no electricity, telephones in homes...even the nails they use to construct their homes have to be plain and simple (something like not having any big heads on the driving end). Wonderful people and very hard working.

Hope your deal for the Colonial goes through...pretty soon we will have to call you Ron Trump instead of Haven if you keep gobbling up real estate in Franklin.

On a serious note, please make sure that the value of this place is supported by solid appraisals, as the way real estate values are dropping, the banks down here in the ATL have virtually stopped lending on acquisition deals, but they are still doing refinancing deals.

I hope I'm wrong, but 2009 is shaping up to be a very tough year for a lot of folks. My CPA practice at this time last year had 12 home builders as clients and we now have 2.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyBluer View Post
    The Amish are the folks you may have seen in the movie "Witness" w/ Harrison Ford & Kelly NcGillis...devout folks who are concentrated in the western PA area around Lancaster especially (my wife's family is from around that area). Horse & buggies, simple black & white clothing (with no buttons!), most all men have beards, no electricity, telephones in homes...even the nails they use to construct their homes have to be plain and simple (something like not having any big heads on the driving end). Wonderful people and very hard working.

Hope your deal for the Colonial goes through...pretty soon we will have to call you Ron Trump instead of Haven if you keep gobbling up real estate in Franklin.

On a serious note, please make sure that the value of this place is supported by solid appraisals, as the way real estate values are dropping, the banks down here in the ATL have virtually stopped lending on acquisition deals, but they are still doing refinancing deals.

I hope I'm wrong, but 2009 is shaping up to be a very tough year for a lot of folks. My CPA practice at this time last year had 12 home builders as clients and we now have 2.
    I was just teasing.I used to drive a tractor trailer into Apple Creek & Wooster Ohio,Amana,Iowa and places of Pa where they were.I was just kidding with Lone Wolf about not knowing what they were.I hope the deal goes on Colonial.I'm so far in dept to me it don't matter now.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4FAM View Post
    Is this the place that is just up the hill across the street? I think I saw a sign that read something like Haven's Apartments.
    Yes there is where I have in mind for the hostel.I have a 2br/1ba 1000 sq ft unit.The sign says Haven's Corner

Images

I was just teasing.I used to drive a tractor trailer into Apple Creek & Wooster Ohio
    Wooster, OH? I grew up 30 miles West of Wooster. Amish were the nearest neighbors I had.

Small world, huh?
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    Wooster, OH? I grew up 30 miles West of Wooster. Amish were the nearest neighbors I had.

Small world, huh?
    must have been,Jeromesville,Jefferson.Miffin or Hayesville.I stopped in Mansfield,Akron and many other places near there.The Amish seemed to be great people.

Images

Ron, you know your resources (time, money, real estate) better than anyone. If it seems right to you, go for it. I like the idea and upon hearing from you that it's complete, I will definitely plan a hike in the area and come stay / check it out!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Ron, you know your resources (time, money, real estate) better than anyone. If it seems right to you, go for it. I like the idea and upon hearing from you that it's complete, I will definitely plan a hike in the area and come stay / check it out!
    Summit,come to Franklin and enjoy the area when possible.
    You know it too.Our economy is scary.I am not the one to fear making real estate investments but it sure has changed from 20yrs ago.

After paying over $100 for less in NY I think I'll be back at the Budget if I thru again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    Wooster, OH?
    Small world, huh?
    In Massachusetts they spell it Worchester and pronounce it Woostah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    nope. it's spelled Worcester

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    nope. it's spelled Worcester
    Oh, right. I stand corrected. That's what I get for posting without atleast 2 cups of coffee in me.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    We(many, anyway)pronounced Wooster as Woostah also.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Teddy Bear in a hammock HikerRanky's Avatar
    Images

Would a hostel in Franklin,NC be suitable?
    Ron,

I think that you have your answer in the above messages... It seems to me that giving people the choice of how they want to stay in Franklin, NC is a very sound business idea.... Some people might want to stay with the group that they are hiking with, and a hostel would be an option to several of them staying in a hotel room.

Then again, some people might want to stay by themselves ( if they are sick would be a good time for that ), and the hotels you run would be a great option then.

Randy

Trust me, folks, Ron has a GREAT heart, business practicum, and respect from and for hikers. While sharing some GREAT times last year....(you really DO need to attend the "Hiker Bash" when available in Franklin)...Ron shared with me a plan for that Days Inn. You'll be hard pressed to find a more accomodating "trail angel" than Ron,.......HARD pressed. A "hostel" WOULD, in my opinion, be another excellent option for hikers,.........if Ron can make it work. If he can't, nobody can. Enjoy your hike!
    Think Spring

Images

Quote Originally Posted by HikerRanky View Post
    Ron,

I think that you have your answer in the above messages... It seems to me that giving people the choice of how they want to stay in Franklin, NC is a very sound business idea.... Some people might want to stay with the group that they are hiking with, and a hostel would be an option to several of them staying in a hotel room.

Then again, some people might want to stay by themselves ( if they are sick would be a good time for that ), and the hotels you run would be a great option then.
    Randy
    Thanks,I believe by the responses bu lots of trail knowledgeable people I am going to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Think Spring View Post
    Trust me, folks, Ron has a GREAT heart, business practicum, and respect from and for hikers. While sharing some GREAT times last year....(you really DO need to attend the "Hiker Bash" when available in Franklin)...Ron shared with me a plan for that Days Inn. You'll be hard pressed to find a more accomodating "trail angel" than Ron,.......HARD pressed. A "hostel" WOULD, in my opinion, be another excellent option for hikers,.........if Ron can make it work. If he can't, nobody can. Enjoy your hike!
    Think Spring
    It won't be that costly and I will know after one season if it was right or wrong.I thank you for the kind words .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++