WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shenandoah NOVA BP

Working in the restaurant industry I rarely have the weekends off. My hikes are usually solo, but I am getting bored.

I am looking to do a quick overnighter around the Old Rag area. I am a VA transplant from AZ and was wondering if anyone would like to join me on a little hike. Looking to leave Sun and return Mon. (11/2-11/3) I tend to be ultra light but this trip will be more leisurely with lots of pictures I am sure.

Call in to work, I won't tell...

were going the weekend after thanksgiving. can u make it?

Images

Hey bud if you ever are looking to hook up, let me know. I'm a bartender in Baltimore and have a similiar schedule. Two of my coworkers go also and we like to go midweek.

Better for our pocketbooks, and LESS CROWDS.

hey i live in the dc area and also am pro-midweek hikes (i work 12 hour off-shifts as an r.n.) let me know if you are planning any hikes in the area.

Sue and zdank,

I am trying to get something going around the new year, interested?

Default MD VA DC Hiker

I'm in the same area and would love to do some more hiking. Especially because it is Winter I need a partner, and help shuttling a car back to the start does not hurt either. I am starting a new job on Jan. 5th, but I am free Dec. 26th - 30th and Jan. 1 (late) - 4th. I just came back from a three day section hike. It was 5 degrees this morning. My water was solid until noon. Anyway, please let me know if anyone is interested in doing some hiking. Thanks.

Long feet,

I am down for a new year hike. I will check my schedule and we can figure something out. I will shoot you a PM later today.

Default NOVA DC MD Hike

Quote Originally Posted by rOUx View Post
    Long feet,

I am down for a new year hike. I will check my schedule and we can figure something out. I will shoot you a PM later today.
    Hey rOUx,

That sounds great. Anyone else want to come? Any sections you had in mind? I would love to complete any sections in Virginia south of VA 605 (halfway through the roller coaster), or north of I-70 in Maryland. I'm available from Dec. 26th-30th, Jan. 1st(late)-4th, and weekends after that. Looking forward to a New Years hike.

Jesse

boo....out of town until the 3rd. then all four wisdom teeth come out the 5th. not sure how the combination of vicodin plus hiking would go....

what are people up to the weekend before the election? i'm off thursday on and would want to come back obviously for the 20th as i imagine most people would want to be in town for...

you could even join me and my group house on the twentieth on the mall with the other four million excited pro-obama idealists...

Default Obama inauguration

Hey,

The weekend before the inauguration sounds fun. I'm planning on going down to the Mall as well I would love to meet up as I will probably be going alone. My wife hates crowds. I'm planning on bringing a camp chair, Jetboil, and lots of hot chocolate makings.

Hey roux and long feet,
    I am free on the 26th-28th or the 1st through the 4th and would like to get out. Long feet any of those two sections is fine with me. Does anyone have a date preference?

Chris

Hey Chris,

This might sound nuts, but I'm hoping to go hiking twice before I start my new job. I've been talking to naturejunkie about doing the MD section the 3rd and the 4th. How about Front Royal to VA 605 the 26th-28th? That would be 27 miles ending in the bottom half of the roller coaster. I hope that sounds good, but I'm always open to something else.

Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by cj06887 View Post
    Hey roux and long feet,
    I am free on the 26th-28th or the 1st through the 4th and would like to get out. Long feet any of those two sections is fine with me. Does anyone have a date preference?

Chris

Long feet,
    that plan sounds good to me. I am also trying to get out as much as possible while I have the time is there anymore room on the trip for the 3rd and 4th?

Hey cj,

Sounds great. Of course there is room. The more the merrier. If anyone else is as crazy as us and wants to backpack in the winter we can try to figure out carpooling.

Jesse

I have the 1st through the 3rd off work. If that works into any trip I am down.

Images

Roux
    Butter and flour...equeal parts...thickening agent...chef man

haha as a fellow chef from richmond id like to say whats up man!

my weekends are mondays/tuesdays, sometimes sunday and monday, or some combination or the sort. dude, were only an hour from each other, and were both chefs. thats means we both have substance abuse problems we take with us to the woods to backpack around.
    when it gets warmer this spring we can pack together/ shuttle cars/ drink bourbon.

good talk, hit me back bro.

Images

ive got new years day off, but dont think i can make it out there. have you ever been to a PATC cabin?
    thats what i do in the winter. check them out. in the winter, i always make it out to one AT LEAST once a month to keep my head from unscrewing itself and exploding.
    i hope that youre a happy chef.

Nicksaari,

Some backpacking and burbon sounds like a plan! Shoot me a PM and we can try to figure a trip out. I have been to one PATC cabin. It was a good time for sure.

As far as a "Happy Chef", sure if your buying drinks...

^BumP

I have tomorrow through the 3rd off. Any others around NOVA want to get in a backpack?

++ New Posts ++