WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default For those with JoAnn Fabrics in their area

They are having a 50% off sale on all their clearance fabric. I found silver/grey 1.9oz ripstop nylon for $2 a yard. From what I've priced online $2 is a bargain.

I managed to get 13yards (in two pieces)- say hello to all my stuff sacks!

Images

hey stuff sacks!
    Check out my website: www.serialhiking.com

Images

Did you need a coupon for it? There's one near here with a small bolt of 5' wide silnylon that I've been coveting, but at $4.00/yd I held off (I know, I'm crazy cheap - I've been able to keep a steady supply of 4' wide silnylon from Walmart for $1.50/yd).

Thanks for the update!!!

Images

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sclittlefield View Post
    There's one near here with a small bolt of 5' wide silnylon that I've been coveting, ...
    Caution... I have yet to find silnylon at JoAnn's Fabrics. Uncoated ripstop, yes. Silnylon, no.

Just be sure of which they are selling. That's all.

I WISH they sold silnylon!

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

It's in the clearance section, and it's definitely Sil. I asked about it, and they have no clue what is what for fabric over there. It's not something they stock though, it's a random bolt. Kind-of like Walmart, they have no clue even what they're getting for the clearance stuff - they just order so much $$ worth and what comes is what comes. I appreciate them for that, it's stuff that the manufacturers were done with (too small amount left usually, to sell outright) and it would have just collected dust or be tossed in a landfill. The downside is I buy it often... I probably could have bought some really nice commercially made gear for what I spend on yardage to play around with.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WritinginCT View Post
    They are having a 50% off sale on all their clearance fabric. I found silver/grey 1.9oz ripstop nylon for $2 a yard. From what I've priced online $2 is a bargain.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check the one near me today to see if they have any.

Quote Originally Posted by WritinginCT View Post

Thanks for the info,I have a JoAnns about 20 miles away,I will check it out tomorrow.

No coupon needed- it's just a sale! (I never remember the darn coupons until after they expire!)

I'm going to the other nearby Joanns (which is huge) and see if they have more or other stuff. I'd love to find the sil-nylon to make my quilt out of.

They had some really really ugly fleece too that was cheap - but I mentioned the ugly right?

Images

I made a stop on my way home tonight. I got 8yds of 5' wide silnylon, grey, and 1yd of diamond ripstop, black. $2.00 a yard. If you're in the Bangor area, sorry, there are only about 2yds left of the sil. Now I can finally make the full size, 12X10 tarp that I've been wanting.

I made a stop on my way home tonight. I got 8yds of 5' wide silnylon, grey, and 1yd of diamond ripstop, black. $2.00 a yard. If you're in the Bangor area, sorry, there are only about 2yds left of the sil. Now I can finally make the full size, 12X10 tarp that I've been wanting.

Nice find!!! Can't beat that price!!

If you sign up at joann.com for their email newsletter, you'll get coupons 1 or 2 times per week, often dupes of what's in the Sunday paper ad, but sometimes coupons that aren't.

Images

Exclamation

I made a stop on my way home tonight. I got 8yds of 5' wide silnylon, grey, and 1yd of diamond ripstop, black.....
    I sure wish my local JoAnn's had silnylon (meaning silicone-coated). My local JoAnn's has plenty of ripstop, but none of it is ever coated. Boo Hoo.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Yeah, they don't actually carry coated nylons, but sometimes, very rarely, they can have a small batch in the clearance isle. You're much more likely to find it at Walmart. I check every few weeks. Jo-Anne's had that sil the first time I checked there, about 5 months ago and I wasn't ready to pay $4.00/yd. Still had it when they cut clearance prices in half - and no new stuff in that time period. I don't count on them for anything good.

++ New Posts ++