WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Default What part of Michigan?

What part of Michigan, Stan? While I live in Maine now, I grew up in the UP of Michigan, near the Wisconsin border.

Default hey Magic

I am from a little town called Bancroft... it is between Flint and Lansing. My son and his wife lived in Marquette, in the U.P. for a few years. It is really great up there but too much snow and too long on the winters for me. Beautiful country though. Ever do any hiking up there? Isle Royale and the Pictured Rock trail are my favorite.
    Backtracker

Images

Default Marquette

I went to college at Northern Michigan University in Marquette. The geography gets even prettier when you go west into the Copper Mountains and the Houghton area. But no, I've never done any hiking there. I lived there at a time in my life when it wasn't cool to get out of the car if you didn't have to.

Default Nmu

Magic

Both my son and daughter attended NMU. That's how my son ended up living there for some time, and my daughter met her husband there.
    Backtracker

Default Game 2005

Hi all, my name is nettie, and I plan on starting march 21. looking foward to putting all the names to faces. This will be my second attempt to thru-hike. my first try was in 97 and I have a hundred and one excuses why I couldn't make it so I just won't go there. Hopefully I will have more focus this time. Can't wait. See ya on the trail

Images

Hello Friends, I'm Dave (Trailname Paladin) and will be leaving Springer on the 27th of Feb. I'm a 51 year old helo pilot and have traveled and hiked for years. I think Stuart said it best in his post above so I'll leave it at that. This is the year. Paladin

Spirit in search of experience. wacocelt's Avatar
    Images

Default My 3rd Thru Attempt

Hello my fellow 05'ers! I'll be leaving Jan 1st so I may not meet any of you, since most are leaving March and April. I would like to wish you all the very best while you wait to begin your hikes and especially once you hit the trail. Blessed are the Thru at Heart!!!

Christopher

P.S: Is there anyone else planning a New Years beginning? I know in the past there have usually been atleast a few. Perhaps there are some others and they just don't have the immense pleasure of posting/sharing on this wonderful web-site.
    Everything is exactly as it should be. This too shall pass.

Default Hello All!

Hi, I'm Jacky. My husband (Dave) and I are heading to Atlanta from London at the end of February. We will drive from Atlanta to my mom's in Pensacola, and will probably start hiking in the 2nd week of March (or sooner - weather depending).

I am American and my husband is Welsh. We live in North Somerset UK and have been using the Cotswolds as our training ground.

This hike has been 4 years in the planning and it's getting all too real now!!

(our dates are flexible depending on cheap stand-by flights and my husbands visa interview in January!!)

Not sure if this is the place, but since I threw my name in the hat here I think this is where I should announce that I am taking my name out.... no thruhike in 2005. Family situations revolving around a my grandfather having a serious stroke and my father havin an upcoming knee replacement have created a domino effect to knock me out of the hike.

It is all probably for the better anywaygiven my situation. I will get to the thru hike as soon as I can. That may be five years or maybe ten, but in the meantime I'll just hike and I think that is what is really is all about anyway.

Panama Red

count me in leaving march 15th

Wiley and Meme here,

We are a husband/wife pair of thru hikers leaving Amicalola March 25th. Hope to meet some of you out there!

Images

Default 2005 thru hiker

My name is Jeremy, and I am planning a thru this spring. I will start early April, around the tenth, and hike north from Springer Mtn. I have done two short sections of the AT in VA and NC/TN. This has been my dream for years. Every day I think about the AT. I can't wait until I start. I am 21 years old, I have had a lot of ups and downs in my life, and I need to find myself and grow up a bit. I know the AT will reveal me to myself, and teach me many things. In my opinion, I don't just want to hike the AT, I need to. I feel if I quit or give up on the trail, I have failed at my first great accomplishment, and I will never forgive myself. May everyone's thru hike be beautiful and magical. See you on the trail.

Hello, Leonard Hillock, currently reside in South Jersey but will probably head back to Texas after this hike.

NOBO 22 March. Staying the night of the 21st at the Hiker Hostel. Not sure if I'll be doing the approach trail. Only a couple of months for the planning. Timing is everything and if I don't do this now it probably never will happen. FYI, I'm the one that will be out of breath and look like they could use some advice so don't be shy.

Good Luck and have Fun!

Hello,

Just Joined WB and was in the class of 2005. Anyone I met on the trail out there?
    -Manfire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++