WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trail Bum / Homeless Vet
    Images

I hope your MST guidebook will include paragraph breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStormcrow View Post
    I've been waiting on the completion of the Palmetto Trail here in SC. It sounds like about the same concept as the Mountains to the Sea Trail. I've been on the sections in the upstate, but am not looking forward to road hiking through downtown Spartanburg and Columbia.
    The MST does a really good job of keeping you away major cities like those. Unless, you wanted to hitch-hike into the cities for the experience of that town or to resupply, you don't need to see any cities with high rise buildings and backed up traffic. It does take you through some of the smaller towns along the way, which I rather enjoyed.

Taba

Quote Originally Posted by Worldwide View Post
    I hope your MST guidebook will include paragraph breaks.
    Since my Manual was written for the hikers who want faster planning and easier navigation, there are no paragraphs.

Taba

Images

The palmetto trail passes near our summer house in Union, I would not hike the palmetto trail for many many years until it's mostly trail, which it isn't right now!! And there's no way in hell I would camp anywhere near blackstock in Union with a few hundred dead british and patriot soldiers still buried out there. That's one creepy place!

The perpetual thru-hiker!
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    The palmetto trail passes near our summer house in Union, I would not hike the palmetto trail for many many years until it's mostly trail, which it isn't right now!! And there's no way in hell I would camp anywhere near blackstock in Union with a few hundred dead british and patriot soldiers still buried out there. That's one creepy place!
    You never know....some of those old soldiers' ghosts could be old friends of mine! That would be a high point of the hike!

Happy,Happy,Joy,Joy another trail to plan for! I can't wait for both books. Let us know when and where. Happy Trails---Two Tents.

Images

It's all yours Crow! I'd like to tell a little ghost story that may surprise some people. And I'll say sorry up front for drifting the thread, I'll try and make it short though! I was headed out to check some gear mid summer last year and I noticed that there was a fog coming up on me (this is odd as it is summer and just about to get dark when there shouldn't be any fog) I called up my other buddy and his GF who just came along....as I remember they just tagged along and were drinking beers out there or something. Anyway. As we were leaving out of absolute no where a man on a horse, all black horse......all black rider, stepped out into the road and was right at the window when we passed. We all yelled and I stepped on it. It happened in an instant. Funny thing is, is that I mananged to make a wrong turn out there and ended up at the end of some old abondoned road where there was a church sitting there. My freinds GF said shes feeling ill on her stomach and is noticably having a hard time keeping calm. We got back out on the blacktop. Here's the funny thing, I went back out there a few weeks later and just happened to go see what's down that road. NOTHING!!! A dead end with a huge stone marker that says......the church was burned to the ground by a cult in the late 1800's. How many people can say they've seen a ghost CHRUCH??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++