WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I ran into Stallion at the springer parking lot, it was the last mile of his long walk. His parents were meeting him at Springer. He was already talking about the next one!!!!!!
    Yeah Stallion. Congrats!

Wandering Vagabond
    Images

My daughter and I were at Unicoi Gap Saturday handing out cheese burgers, sodas and many other treats (see my gallery for more photos). We saw Chipmunk, Crazy Lady, Patches, Jim, Andrew, Brad, Brad, Harry, Fruit Booter, Bender Burning Tree, Vance and Goggle.

They all looked like thay were having a great time.

Images

Saw a ton of thru hikers at Tray Gap again on Monday and Tuesday while I was up there grilling half pound cheeseburgers (veggie burgers for the veggie crowd) handing out ice cold mountain dews, water and a 2-3 ounce bag of chocolate. Monday, I served 22 thru hikers. Tuesday I served 25 thru hikers. That brings the four day total to over 100! I think it was a father daughter team from New Zealand who were very interesting. And then there was OB who is doing the Eastern Continental Trail.

Images

Over spring break I ran into a number of Feb. start thrus including: Crash, Ounce, Revolution, Tran, Blue Javelin and Partly Blue (a couple from Montreal), Man with a Dog, Grumpy, and the "Monopoly Playing Honeymooners" (Adam and Michelle). They were all just before Kinocora and should be in Damascus this week.

Right, lets see, Stud, Wolfman, Yak, Sunseeker, Pink Blaze Nazi, Caveman, Sinage, Helen, Infinity, Joe Kickass, Birdman, WD-40, Huck Finn, Too Tall or Robot, and a girl named Melinda who carries a guitar, but still has no trail name...cannot remember everyone, sorry!
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams
    Thoreau

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

I noticed a BooBoo siting in a journal:

http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=264386
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I baked up a big batch of cookies for everyone and they were well received, what fun!
    Thoreau

Journal Entries
    Images

Trip out to Kincora today. Didn't expect to see so many hikers:

Izabela (section)
    Grizzly Adams
    Chert
    Spirit Fingers
    PacMan (WB - ukhiker)
    Wally
    Wiz Kid

Been raining all day and looks like rain the rest of the week. Doh!! Stay warm and stay dry (if you can).

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

Default Wednesday March 25- Low Gap shelter

Ramble~On, Sunseeker, Ski, Peeper, Jumper Cables, Yak, Red Oak, Coyote,Western. I'm sure there were more people since the shelter was full, and many tented.
    Thoreau

not very ultralight user Creepy Uncle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d'shadow View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I drove down to Neels Gap and met Ramble~On at Mountain Crossings. The store is a hiker’s dream, full of everything, and anything a hiker might want or need. The staff were friendly and helpful to everyone who came in to the store. There were hikers in every corner, gear spread out everywhere, going over what they needed to keep and leave behind with a staff member.
    I suggested we find a cabin where Ramble~On could spread out his stuff and enjoy a bit of quiet time. Mountain Crossings has cabins, but all were full. So, we drove down the mountain and a short distance from the top found a place called Goose Creek cabins. Keith and Retter Bailey run the place and we were welcomed with traditional southern hospitality. They have special rates for hikers, it was twenty five dollars per person and they do your laundry for you as a part of the price. The cabins are older, and somewhat Spartan, but clean, and close to the trail head. After a hot shower, into town for dinner at an all you can eat place, Steve’s Steak House. Note, If you go there, be sure to order the steak from the waitress. He spend a better part of the evening sorting out gear and swapped out most of it for new gear I brought from home. After a good nights sleep, I dropped Ramble~On back at the trail head and he is back on the trail.
    Every hiker I met is full of good spirits and still eager to continue their hikes.
    tell him to slow down next time you two speak. still wanting to join up for fontana to hot springs but i'm not free till the 12th.

He is doing low milage days, easing into his hike. He says he knows what is ahead of him, due to his hike in '96. i will remind him, and update you when he is approaching the Smokies.
    Thoreau

Journal Entries
    Images

I merged the thread titled 2009 hiking sightings from the 2009 hiker forum into this thread, being they were titled the same and were discussing the same thing.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Newb View Post
    I noticed a BooBoo siting in a journal:

http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=264386
    i've experienced the pleasure, or lack there of, of interecting with boo-boo. glad that he is behind me now.

We hiked with Storyteller, Rattler, Walking Man, Andrew and Boo Boo from Winding Stair to NOC. They probably left outta NOC this morning. Also saw about 6 other guys and 2 females there. Good lookin crew NOBOin. They all seem really fit!

Quote Originally Posted by sleeman13 View Post
    i've experienced the pleasure, or lack there of, of interecting with boo-boo. glad that he is behind me now.
    He is a good guy! Try gettin to know him!

yo ketchup--I'll be in Hot springs tomorrow and hiking out on saturday with unplugged and jam.

drdewrag--thanks for those burgers at Tray Gap! They really hit the spot. camped with graham that night and saw stallion the next morning.

Voyager took pictures of the first 3 NOBO thru-hikers today at the ATC. They were attempting the 4 state challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeman13 View Post
    Perhaps if you had had the chance to just hang out with him instead of "interecting" with him, there might have been more pleasure. Or not. I think he's a great guy. But on the other hand, if everybody likes you, you're probably trying too hard.

Hope your journey goes well!
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Quote Originally Posted by pythonathiker View Post
    Voyager took pictures of the first 3 NOBO thru-hikers today at the ATC. They were attempting the 4 state challenge.
    I thought there was a NOBO passing through town a couple of weeks ago who started in January. Perhaps he didn't stop in for his picture?
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

You are probably correct that not everyone stops in to get their picture taken. All I know is that the number on the pictures of the hikers were 1, 2, and 3 for NOBO hikers in 2009.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++