WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Savoring Happy!

Default Mary Sue Riddle, TOW's Mom

The Only Wanderer's Mom, Mary Sue Riddle, completed her Thru hike of life today. For all of you that know Larry, you know how much he's appreciated and has given to the hiker community in the Damascus area. He's had a rough go of it lately and this personal loss of Mary just adds to it. Please keep him and his Dad, Arthur in your thoughts and prayers.

TaTonka
    I am Who I am because I've been THERE .

Images

Quote Originally Posted by No Belay View Post
    The Only Wanderer's Mom, Mary Sue Riddle, completed her Thru hike of life today.
    Thanks for sharing the information, NB. You are correct, TOW is a great guy and very, very supportive in Damascus in any way he can be. I'm so sorry his mom has passed on over the mountain to trails beyond.

We'll be thinking of him and keeping him in our prayers and wish him well.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by No Belay View Post
    The Only Wanderer's Mom, Mary Sue Riddle, completed her Thru hike of life today. For all of you that know Larry, you know how much he's appreciated and has given to the hiker community in the Damascus area. He's had a rough go of it lately and this personal loss of Mary just adds to it. Please keep him and his Dad, Arthur in your thoughts and prayers.

TaTonka
    I know his mother is in a better place than we are but our hearts grieve too for Larry and his family.He has treated my family always with kindness.TOW we are thinking of you and God bless.

Images

Very sad to hear, hope Larry feels the love here.

Journal Entries
    Images

Last night at church I had told my pastor I was at peace with her passing. Last year when I went home and back in 2005 I did my best to make amends with my family, had I have not did that I am sure this would be bothering me much more.

Right now I am working on getting a vehicle to drive out there for the funeral. Jeff Patrick from MRO is going to get one of his vehicles registered for me hopefully today so that I can use that.

Thank you No Belay for posting this, I did not expect it but I welcome it. As soon as her obit gets posted I will post it here.

And the rest of you are awesome!

I am sorry as well. My Mom was diagnosed with brain cancer while I was hiking in 05. It changed everything including me. The world is not as rich without her but she lives on in my sisters' sweet engaging smile and my brothers ( all 5 of them ! ) crinkled eyed laugh. I see her in the mirror too. Again, sorry for your loss.

Images

You and your mom are in my thoughts, TOW.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Thinking of you, Larry. ((((TOW))))

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

So sorry to hear of this. Hang in there, Larry. You sure have been given a full plate to deal with lately.

Skyline

Thinking of you TOW.

-FarrAway

We are so sorry for your loss TOW. You are in our thoughts and prayers here
    ad astra per aspera

Journal Entries
    Images

I am leaving now......Jeff patrick lent me the use of his old Toyota with oil leaks and gas fumes.......pray that I make it, I am sure I will. When I get home I will report in.

And thank you to Lugnut for helping me out.......too

I'm sorry for your loss.

My deepest condolences TOW, it's been a rough start this year.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    I am leaving now......Jeff patrick lent me the use of his old Toyota with oil leaks and gas fumes.......pray that I make it, I am sure I will. When I get home I will report in.
    Larry, if you get this, give a shout when you get close to Nashville this evening. You are welcome to spend the night. Or if you want to keep going, we'll feed you dinner and take care of you during your stop-over. I spoke with No Belay just now. I also sent PM's to the local WBers.

My home phone number is 615-385-9644.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Thinkin' 'bout ya.
    Lets go trackin'!!
    Peace Out

TOW, we haven't met but I share in your grief. Moms are special. My mom turns 85 on 1/25. Even though she has dimentia and short term memory loss she could always remember that I was hiking last year. When I would call her, she always ask the same question, "When are going to be done with that hike, and why are you doing that"?

Take Care.

My condolences TOW. My thoughts are with you .

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I'm so sorry.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    Last night at church I had told my pastor I was at peace with her passing. Last year when I went home and back in 2005 I did my best to make amends with my family, had I have not did that I am sure this would be bothering me much more.

Right now I am working on getting a vehicle to drive out there for the funeral. Jeff Patrick from MRO is going to get one of his vehicles registered for me hopefully today so that I can use that.

Thank you No Belay for posting this, I did not expect it but I welcome it. As soon as her obit gets posted I will post it here.

And the rest of you are awesome!
    My thoughts are with you TOW. Please know you aren't alone in this time of sorrow.
    "If I get started in the right direction, I just might get to where I want to go." -- Tab Benoit

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++