WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hikerhostel.com

Default Hikerhostel.com

I have seen our name pop up on some other posts. I hope no one will be to offended if I self promote for a moment. We are a new hostel opening in Feb. '04. Any body intrested please see our web site at www.hikerhostel.com for services and prices. We are not free but have tried to keep price as low as possible.
    thanks,
    josh
    profile '00
    Last edited by PROFILE; 01-12-2004 at 14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by PROFILE
    I have seen our neame pop up on some other posts. I hope no one will be to offended if I self promote for a moment. We are a new hostel opening in Feb. '04. Any body intrested please see our web site at www.hikerhostel.com for services and prices. We are not free but have tried to keep price as low as possible.
    thanks,
    josh
    profile '00
    Thank you Josh, let me say the vast majority (including me) of hikers would find your post wonderful. Now let me see who could possibly be offended by a new hostel opening up and letting us know about it on this forum. As Dana Carvey would say, "Hmmm who could that be, could it be SATAN".

Profile---

Best of luck with your new venture! A lot of good info on your web page! Your list of other Trail hostels is a good addition, but it definitely needs to be updated and improved.....off the top of my head, you've left out such extraordinary places as Standing Bear Farm just past the Smokies; the Duckett House Inn in Hot Springs; Miss Janet's in Erwin (!!!!); the Barn in Gorham, the Cabin in East Andover, etc. Also, you've a few places that are either gone or may be in 2004; for example, the Appalachian Mountain Club tore down the Crawford Notch hostel and replaced it with a 9 million dollar (no, that is NOT an error) hotel for their tonier members. Also, some of your listed prices are incorrect; perhaps you can update your excellent hostel listings in January after the new Thru-hiker's Companion comes out with changes, additions, new prices, etc.

Sorry for the list being out dated. I stole the list from another site while I was testing the site and intend to update it when I get the new companion from ALDHA. Whenever I complete the update, I am going to ask for people to review it for other omissions. Almanac and I are wanting to put a list that includes everyone and let hikers be the judge of where to stay.

Thanks for letting us know about the problem. Any one with a suggestion please let us know. We have thru hiked and know a bit about the hiking, However the hostel side is a going to prove to be an adventure.

profile'00

Images

Default Good luck

Profile,

Good website, looking forward to seeing your photos. There are some trailheads I'd rather not leave my vehicle parked at for any length of time. Will you be able to provide short term, 3 to 5 days, parking for section hikers who use your shuttle service or stay in your hostel?
    Uncle Wayne

Parking will be no problem. We have room to park several cars. Also, people who want to park for some short hikes do not need to use the hostel or our services to park. Just give us a little notice 1-2 days just in case we do not have room for parking.
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

Journal Entries
    Images

Default hostel listings

Profile:

Thanks for the new site & the total listings of hostels along the A.T.

An updated list is always a good thing. My suggestion would be to double ck the Thru-Hiker Companion each year when it's published for changes in prices, etc.,etc.

i'm a section-hiker (hiking the A.T.on the 20-year-plan ) so, the hostels are a great way to end my section-hikin' expereince!

By the way, my wife & I love the Dahlonega area...we've visited there many times, along with trips to Helen, Cleveland & several other quaint areas in N.E.Georgia.

again, thanks for the new page & info.

Jaybird
    www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird
    Last edited by Jaybird; 06-21-2004 at 05:39.
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

Default Hostel Pics.

We want to let people know we now have pics of our hostel up on the web site. It is only a few, but we have had many many request by email to put them up. We will have more coming along with some of our hiking pics. Let us know what you think. www.hikerhostel.com The pics are under Hostel Tour.
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

Where are yall located?? I could not find that on your website.

We are located in Dahlonega, Ga just south of Woody's Gap and some what near Springer Mtn.
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

Images

We want to let people know we now have pics of our hostel up on the web site. It is only a few, but we have had many many request by email to put them up. We will have more coming along with some of our hiking pics. Let us know what you think. www.hikerhostel.com The pics are under Hostel Tour.
    What a gorgeous place!! What a great way to kick off or end a thru-hike, surrounded by such comfort.
    You have a beautiful home.
    Last edited by attroll; 01-23-2004 at 00:57.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

AT, ECT, LT, PCT Thru-hiker JojoSmiley's Avatar

Default Congratulations!

Hi folks,
    I remember you all talking about this at Traildays last year. What a gorgeous dream come true eh? Good luck and God Bless in the coming Hiker season.
    Jojo and Nomad
    Jojo Smiley :)
    Savor the Moments!

Images

Default cool pics

I've just seen the hostel for the first time and it is very nice. I can't wait to stay at your place in feb. Good luck on your hostel!
    Where Eagles dare!!!

Images

Cant wait to see you guys in April
    A-Town

"All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost. "
    -- JRR Tolkien

It is official...we are now open. We will be taking the "opening soon" off the web page. We got our hands on the tourist accomodation permit that is required on top of every thing else from the state and county. It was the last peice of the puzzle. We are very excited and hope to see many of you soon.
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

Default Congrats

Josh

Your place looks really great. I'll be sure to stop by next time I'm through Woody Gap. Is your place easily seen from 60 or are you hidden on a side road? Best of luck with your new venture.

GAME 2000
    Images

It is official...we are now open. We will be taking the "opening soon" off the web page. We got our hands on the tourist accomodation permit that is required on top of every thing else from the state and county. It was the last peice of the puzzle. We are very excited and hope to see many of you soon.
    Best of luck!

Youngblood

ps. Thanks again for the dinner last november.

Default Hostel Report - two thumbs up

I had the pleasure of staying at Josh & Leigh Saint's new Hostel last night. What a delightful place! Two thumbs (very high) up!

Here's some info about the place.

There are currently (2) bunkrooms, each with (4) beds. I stayed in the bunkroom downstairs, primarily because the beds in that room are 7' long, and designed for tall folks like me. The bed was super comfy. I slept like a baby, and for me, that is very unusual.

There is also a gorgeous private room for couples.

I think that this is the nicest looking hostel that I have ever seen along the trail. I don't say that to knock the other hostels along the way. It's just a beautiful place, outside & inside. The photos on their website simply don't do the place justice.

If you are looking for a shuttle & somewhere to start your thru-hike or section hike from, you can't go wrong with this place. The prices are an absolute bargain. The view out the back window is worth the price to stay the night all by itself. The view out the front isn't too shabby either (great sunrise this morning).

What makes the place so special, is that this is a labor of love by two former thru-hikers. They are opening their home to help out the rest of us hikers. That love comes shining through - brightly.

Check the place out! I guarantee, you won't regret it.

Thanks again Josh & Leigh, and best of luck! I'm honored to have been one of your first guests.

Jeffrey Hunter aka Little Bear (GA-ME 2000)

Section Hiker - 339.8 miles - I'm gettin' there! papa john's Avatar
    Images

Josh and Leigh are true "Saints" in every sense of the word. They picked me up at the Atlanta airport in 2000, took me to their home to stay the night, we went out to dinner and the next morning they fixed up a HUGE breakfast to give us a good sendoff. They did all this even though they were in the final stages of trying to sell their house and get ready for their '00 thru-hike.John

Their place truly does look gorgeous. I can't wait to meet them both as they seem like great people. Perhaps I'll even meet a few WB users there too.

Best of luck in business.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++