Their are no parking fees or camping fees that I am aware of, unless you camp at Caunasauga lake, the overflow campground, etc.. any campground that is right off the side of the forest service roads usually can have fees. But parking at trail heads that lead deep into the cohuttas have no fees and I usually let my dog run free as she only stays about 20 feet in front of me and comes to me when I call her so that I can put the leash on her. Really great trail dog.

If you go deep in the cohuttas you can pretty much not count on seeing too many people this time of year. Also, as long as you aren't running around naked in the woods smoking a ton of pot and devestating the forest with trash, I don't think the rangers will have too much to get you on as long as you are a quite hiker enjoying the beaty of nature.

And also, yes there are a lot of wild boars, have been chased by a mother boar (Sow?) coming out of a trail head, luckily my truck wasn't far and I was able to jump in the truck bed before she tore into my legs. That was scary as hell. There were a lot of little piglets she was protecting. They were cute as hell, but she looked like satan from hell, ugly as sin. The adults look scary as anything.