WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: tattoos

Can't wait for the newest fads.
    Perhaps......http://www.photographersdirect.com/s.../lip_plate.asp

Hi,

I like tattoos, but I think it's injurious for our skin and we should avoid it. I know it is a important part of our fashion statement, we should believe in simplicity. Thanks for sharing.

Stella

Camping

Quote Originally Posted by Nearly Normal View Post
    Can't wait for the newest fads.
    Perhaps......http://www.photographersdirect.com/s.../lip_plate.asp
    Do you mean the new fad in shooting skeet?

The perpetual thru-hiker!
    Images

It took me over 40 yars to decide to get a tattoo, and now I have two involving celtic knotwork. I always tell people considering getting one to think about where they will be in the next 20-30 years. While something bizarre peaking out of your shirt collar can look really cool on the trail, consider what it will look like when you decide to play dress-up and go the the symphony in a dress or to your best friend's wedding. Mine are only visible when I am swimming. Also, you should always smear #50 sunscreen on any tattoos that are exposed to prevent them from looking like the green blurs that the old WW2 vets have on their forearms. A good tattoo artist usually charges over $100.00 an hour for their work, and as with many things, you get what you pay for. Be sure to look at the artist's portfolio. Asheville has a couple that I can recommend, but avoid the "instant tattoos, no waiting" type of shops in Cherokee and Gatlinburg where people get stuff that looks like it was done in jail by a meth head. Here is the one that I have on the front of my right thigh.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    What is the slang words for the tatoos girls get on their L3 vertebrae?
    Don't you mean in relation to the L3 vertebra? If one were to get a tattoo on a vertebra, it would be a very complicated tattoo and I don't think the neurosurgeon would appreciate someone messing with his sterile field.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastClimber View Post
    Just curious, does anyone have any outdoor related tattoos? I'm trying to think of what I should get. I'm considering a mountain scene on my shoulder blade with the moon and trees (kinda like a night time scene).

Tattoos are a totally personal choice on what to get. It should be something that means something to you or that really catches your eye. I am also thinking about getting a couple at one point but mine have to do with bicycling. As the reason for my name I love everything to do with biking whether it be pedal or motorcycling to me like hiking it means pure freedom. If you really want one don't let anyone put you down about it. Good luck with your search. As mentioned do a google search on it tons of ideas out there. As a friend of mine said find yourself a reputable tattoo artist.
    Jim

Default Great humor on WB...

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Don't you mean in relation to the L3 vertebra? If one were to get a tattoo on a vertebra, it would be a very complicated tattoo and I don't think the neurosurgeon would appreciate someone messing with his sterile field.
    This is why I love WB. It keeps me from having to go to comedy clubs for my humor hits. Thanks.

Happy hiking.

Images

"cubby 08"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by roxy33x View Post
    hey rockstar, you got a pic of your tat?
    This is right after I had it done, he did it light so I could have him darken it if necessary. I had him darken it so you can't see the line work in the gray. The heel is darker because it's suppose to be a boot imprint...thus the heel would be deeper.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...imageuser=9904
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
    -Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scorpiorising80/

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar View Post
    This is right after I had it done, he did it light so I could have him darken it if necessary. I had him darken it so you can't see the line work in the gray. The heel is darker because it's suppose to be a boot imprint...thus the heel would be deeper.

No "tramp stamp", but nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar View Post

thats pretty sweet!

[quote=RockStar;767071]This is right after I had it done, he did it light so I could have him darken it if necessary. I had him darken it so you can't see the line work in the gray. The heel is darker because it's suppose to be a boot imprint...thus the heel would be deeper.

Sweet!
    Live the Dream Without risk, there is no reward. Georgia to Maine. What a reward!

Images

Default Tattoos that fade

Back when I went into the Service in 1958, right after boot camp my buddies and I all went out for tattoos in a very scuzzy tattoo parlor right across from the Marine Barracks at 8th and I St.s in DC. I got a big Rooster tattooed on my (then) six pack. Over the years it slowly faded out to the point today all that's left is the Rooster's a-hole in the middle of my stomach One of my buddies got a tat of a battleship in the same location. Whilst in the "Nam", he took a round to the gut. The ship sank and all he has left is the hole right in the middle of his gut

Ever see a one eared elephant?
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillwalker View Post
    Back when I went into the Service in 1958, right after boot camp my buddies and I all went out for tattoos in a very scuzzy tattoo parlor right across from the Marine Barracks at 8th and I St.s in DC. I got a big Rooster tattooed on my (then) six pack. Over the years it slowly faded out to the point today all that's left is the Rooster's a-hole in the middle of my stomach One of my buddies got a tat of a battleship in the same location. Whilst in the "Nam", he took a round to the gut. The ship sank and all he has left is the hole right in the middle of his gut

Ever see a one eared elephant?
    I like that!

Do you know a thru-hiker about your age in Gorham named "Mahoosuc"?

Images

Just curious, does anyone have any outdoor related tattoos? I'm trying to think of what I should get. I'm considering a mountain scene on my shoulder blade with the moon and trees (kinda like a night time scene).
    Not exactly a scenic outdoors, but I have a tribal raven and a maori totem on my upper left arm.
    The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk. ~Jacqueline Schiff

Images

Default Fraid not

I like that!

Do you know a thru-hiker about your age in Gorham named "Mahoosuc"?
    Sorry, no I don't.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

I have always loved the jerkoff's who think it is their job to tell the world what they think of EVERYTHING...Even when it is not requested and obviously will not be appreciated. I have many tattoos, none of which can be seen unless I want them to be seen. I also got my tattoos well before it was cool to have them, I got them because I enjoy having them and if anyone has a problem with that I say SCREW YOU!!! Hike your own hike...Get your own Tattoo!!!

This side of the dirt
    Images

The one on my upper left arm is an "outdoor" scene. It is done in black only. It depicts a wolf, whose breath goes up into the air and forms the head of an Indian maiden whose hair than flows down and makes mountains with the moon rising behind them.

It was an idea I came up with and brought it to the only guy I would let work on me. His daughter took my rough idea and drew the pattern for her father (also an artist) to do the ink work.
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed, is more important than any other one thing." Abraham Lincoln (1855)

Default tramp stamp

it's not christmas yet, but he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Yeah, and if you Google that phrase for "Images" it'll keep you busy til next Christmas......

What is the slang words for the tatoos girls get on their L3 vertebrae?
    A tattoo artist told me it was called a "Panama City Butt Mustache".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++