WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gravityman

BTW for prospective thrus- definitely read Model-T's Walking on the Happy Side of Misery! We are so enthralled in the book right now. We read it to each other every night, and it really captures a good part of what thruhiking is about!
    Good luck to all of the 2005 thru-hikers. I picked up a copy of Model T's book from the author himself last weekend. Although I have yet to start reading it, Model T is a real gentlemen. If his book is anything like his personality, it'll be great.

Little Bear
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Default Count me in too!

Hopefully if all goes well I will be on the trail with my mom for a flip flop starting mid May (following my graduation from Penn State! ) Planning on starting in VA and heading north, then coming back to walk south with the changing leaves!

2005 is my year. I'll be leaving in mid to late March. I look forward to hearing from and meeting other 2005 hikers. For me, the AT will be the adventure of a lifetime. I will be moving from the Adirondacks to Athens, Ohio this summer and hope to find new hiking adventures there. Is anyone familiar with that area?

Default 2005 1/2 hike

Planning a .5 with my son after his grad. as well, think I'll cut out 1/2 way next year though, and leave the last 1/2 for him to thru hike himself ( sure he'll be ready to ditch Mom by then as well!
    For with God, nothing is impossible! Luke 1:37

Default Possibility

I would like to start a northbound thru starting May 1st 2005, unfortunately it would probably be better to wait until 2006 for numerous reasons. Saying that I've never let a little thing like "sensibility" stand in my way and another year is a long wait...we'll see.

2005 looks good to me too

I plan to be leaving March 17 2005. This may change to around the first of April. I am not sure yet.

Default Me too! Me too!

I am planning a 2005 hike too. I think I will quit my job on March 15th and hit the trail on April 1st. The start date isn't set in stone, I may leave earlier. I had actually planned to go in 2004 but thought it better if I waited a year. 2005 is going to be a great year. I can feel it.

^^^ Are you the Heather from "Peace and Carrots" that did all that hiking a while back??

Anyway, I hope to be starting in 2005, if I can save enough money and can keep away from the knee trouble that kept me from hiking it this year.

Images

Default 05' or bust

After much deliberation about whether to SOBO in 04' or NOBO in 05' I have decided to NOBO and run with the herds next year with a mid April start date. Now I just have to wait it out 11 months to leave. Can anyone say: "longest year ever". Oh well, I will get a fix for a week this summer then again for another week in October or November. Look forward to meeting all of you other prospective 05' hikers.
    Last edited by tribes; 07-06-2004 at 20:48. Reason: spelling error
    without love in the dream it will never come true...

Images

Howdy all,
    I am planning on heading north March 1st next year. So far everything is on track. I am so excited I can't stand it.
    I swear -- by my life and my love of it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by pvtmorriscsa
    Howdy all,
    I am planning on heading north March 1st next year. So far everything is on track. I am so excited I can't stand it.
    SWEET! Hopefully we'll be meeting each other on top of Springer!

Waffle and Danger Pee

Default Yep--counting the seconds!

Yep-Gravity Man/Waffle & I are planning on starting March 1, 2005.
    We can barely think of anything else. Although, we are very much looking forward to a little sobo on the Long Trail this summer. Going to see how far we can get in 2.5 weeks. It will at least tide us over till March, and give us an opportunity to fine tune gear, mental state & yogi'ing technique (that was a funny.

I can hardly wait to meet some of you! Gravity man has been a regular on White Blaze, but I am a new-b: just registered today! But, I think it might be as I had feared, getting addicted already! The paper piles on my desk seems to be growing exponentially! In anycase, I love the idea of a 2005'er forum & having the chance to get to know some of you'all a little...

Anyway, I can't express how much I love the social & bonding aspect of the trail. Hopefully we'll meet up with some of you & find a connection!

OK, just gotta get through these last few minutes then I can go home & hide some more in Model-T's book

Default Count me in for 2005

For my 2004 thru hike attempt, stopped short at Mt. Rogers National Recreation Area where the Partnership Shelter is, for the problem with Social Security benefits.. SO, I will be back again on March 1, 2005 for thru hike the AT from Springer Mountain.

And hopefully with another deaf hiker joining me!

Flash Hand

American Idiot
    Images

I suck at planning. Temptation says do it southbound in August, but reality $ay$ no way. Since I can't plan for beans, I'll just dream for now that a May 2005 date would be good to start northbound.

Default Section-hike

I hope you guys don't mind me adding my plans on your thread. I will not be through-hiking for quite a while. (Too much responsility at home; one-income family with wife who stays home with our ten month old.) But I definately want to section-hike next year. My wife is already encouraging me to take a week and get on the AT. Possilby I would hike through Smokey Mountain NP. I think that is the about where the trail is closest to me (Indianapolis). I would entertain any suggestions for five days on the AT.

Default I'm planning to NOBO a thru-hike starting from Amicalola in Jan. 2006...

But if I can swing the money, I'd prefer to actually leave in Jan. 2005.

(If anyone in N. GA knows of a job opening for a scientist in biotech or environmental science, let me know!)

Thumbs up woolfie and GG

count us in for 2005 march 31st, or a few days either way, on our way over from the UK, looking forward to meeting you guys out on the trail!

Hello! i am in for thur hiker 2005. I am going to start around March 1st. See you all on the trail next year!

Images

Default southbound

Anybody trying to avoid the herds by heading south?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++