WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Is it possible to use ignore for a thread?

Is it possible to use ignore for a thread?

tia

yeah, the 'look the other way' button also know as 'do not click here' works like a charm

I don't know, probably not, but this question should have been opened in this forum http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=362

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Simply don't open it. Pretty easy. I do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    yeah, the 'look the other way' button also know as 'do not click here' works like a charm
    yeah, I've learned to do that with some people

I guess I should have provided a little more info. When I see material related to iNews Source info re: Gary Hilton's murders it tends to ruin my day. I have a daughter and ......... I also think what it must have been like for that girl. What was it three days? I know that some people are interested is this information and it is news etc etc etc etc . I would rather not deal with it(or think how I would deal with it). Therefore the simple question if it was possible for an individual to block a thread from showing.

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    I don't know, probably not, but this question should have been opened in this forum http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=362
    Thanks. Was looking for that.

Section Hiker - 339.8 miles - I'm gettin' there! papa john's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ofthearth View Post
    yeah, I've learned to do that with some people

I guess I should have provided a little more info. When I see material related to iNews Source info re: Gary Hilton's murders it tends to ruin my day. I have a daughter and ......... I also think what it must have been like for that girl. What was it three days? I know that some people are interested is this information and it is news etc etc etc etc . I would rather not deal with it(or think how I would deal with it). Therefore the simple question if it was possible for an individual to block a thread from showing.

Thanks. Was looking for that.
    Damn, now you ruined my day!
    Papa John

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Excellent advice. And good training for ignoring other distractions that can bog you down and waste your time -- distractions that would not be so easy to ignore.

Weary

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    Excellent advice. And good training for ignoring other distractions that can bog you down and waste your time -- distractions that would not be so easy to ignore.

Weary
    I guess if you had read the post you would have seen the question dealt with having the thread itself not appear. But thanks for your time and interest.

Since I worked with this software for several years I'll give you a real technical answer instead of a pithy answer...

The only way to actually ignore a thread that I know of in vBulletin is to put the thread starter on your ignore list. However the problem with that option is all posts by that person are now hidden.

Now if you are actually subscribed to that particular thread you can go to your UserCP, then List Subscriptions, find that thread and unsubscribe from it.

I'm sure these aren't the answers you wanted to hear either though...LOL. That thread sort of pulls at my heartstrings too every time I see it pop up.

++ New Posts ++