WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Questions On Tents

Ok, I have been posting to get information and opinions on items before the wife and I make purchases.

Is there anyone here that hikes as a couple with a large dog?

We currently have a Golite Shangri La 3 w/ net and it works good. just a little heavy for our liking.

If there are couples here that thru or just section w/ a large dog, what are your thoughts on good tents.

We have looked at the Rainshadow 2 and it seems good, but if anyone has practicle use, and advise about others we would love to hear it..

thanks

DBD

Hike smarter, not harder.

How about cutting a tyvek floor to fit your Shangri La 3, and using bug bivys when you need them, like the ones from A16, GG, or Simbilissity?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by skinewmexico View Post
    How about cutting a tyvek floor to fit your Shangri La 3, and using bug bivys when you need them, like the ones from A16, GG, or Simbilissity?
    Cant sell the wife on the bivy idea, too constricting. I used jsut the tarp with a 3mil plastic cut floor this past month and loved it, but i was solo.

We have decided to buy 4 lengths of carbon fiber poles to replace the center pole that will run up for of the 6 creases. This should save us about 7-8 ounces and offer up more room. I wanted to run this by some people first though to see if there are other options...

Thank you

DBD

Hike smarter, not harder.

Use connected trekking poles for your center pole, that will save some weight. I keep thinking there should be some way to cut mesh and a floor that hooks into the wall clips, but doesn't go to the peak of the tent. It's really a crime the way GoLite builds their inserts.

++ New Posts ++