WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Croc's "Trailbreak"

"Trailbreak" I saw these on Croc's website and wondered if anyone knew anything about them..weight is my big quesstion. It looks a lot like they're trying to compete with Keen. With the sole on these I'm wondering what the weight's gonna be.

Thanks
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

Wow. I'm curious? The price has got to be better than Keen too!

I just sent an email, lets see what they say.

I finally got an email back from Crocs.

Thank you for your inquiry. They weight approximately around one pound or slightly less.

Thank you for choosing Crocs! If you require further assistance please let me know. Thank you and have a Great Day!

Images

pound. Probably worth it.
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

A friend of mine had a pair when he come up from Florida a few weeks ago to do some hiking with me. Crocs on steriods. They were cool looking but I'll take my regular Crocs just for camp/water crossing shoes.

Who knows? They might be worth looking into for some light knock-abouts for around town though.
    First things first!

One-time Rights, hard copy and Internet. All Rights revert to author.

Look like great approach shoes for days spent at your local climbing crag – or a UL weekend trip... hmm...

Is it just me or are Keens and Crocs just reinventing the wheel with the wheel being Chacos?

I know Chacos are a little heavy, but they are not a whole lot different than the others.
    Cabin Fever
    You need God—to hope, to care, to love, to live.

Hike smarter, not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Fever View Post
    Is it just me or are Keens and Crocs just reinventing the wheel with the wheel being Chacos?
    After Chaco reinvented the wheel with the wheel being Teva?

Quote Originally Posted by skinewmexico View Post
    After Chaco reinvented the wheel with the wheel being Teva?
    Touche. I show my age.
    Cabin Fever
    You need God—to hope, to care, to love, to live.

Images

Default Not Keen on Keens

I hiked 200 miles of the AT in Keen Arroyo IIs last summer and generally liked them however the lace locking devices kept loosening up and I ended up re tightening them about every half hour. The Keens also tended let my feet roll inside them unless I had them oriented straight down the slope.

Hope that the similar looking lace device on these is better than on the Keens.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

Hike smarter, not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Fever View Post
    Touche. I show my age.
    And according to the Outfitter at Harper's Ferry, Crocs stole the idea, then the factory, from Waldies. Of course, my thinking on Crocs is kind of summed up on Maddox' Best Page in the Universe.

anyone remember flojos ? they were comfortable but lacked greatly in toe protection

"In the woods, too, a man casts off his years, as the snake his slough, and at what period soever of life, is always a child. In the woods is perpetual youth." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Croc's Trailbreak

I recieved a pair of Trailbreaks for X-mas. In size
    9 1/2 they weigh 1 lb 4 oz. I've done some limited trail hiking in them and they are pretty nice. But at
    20 ounces they are rather heavy to serve as camp shoes so I'm going to stick with my Waldies (11 1/2 oz) as camp shoes.

Smile Just got the new Crocs Trailbreaks

I just bought a new pair of the Crocs trailbreaks. Definately some cool shoes. They weigh 1 1/2 pounds and have a sturdy sole for trail walking unlike regular crocs. They don't really compare to the Keen's as far as ruggedness, but at only 49.99 it is definately a comfortable alternative that gives a lot more support and works for a day hike.

I found my trailbreaks online at http://store.upthecreektrips.com/mens-trailbreak.aspx

++ New Posts ++