WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gettin Lighter..All the Time!!! Biloxi's Avatar

Smile where did all this come from???

hey, I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem also? tonight I decided that I was gonna go thru all my hiking gear to take pictures of some things I need to sell or trade, before my thru hike next month...and WOW I gotta lotta stuff, things I had forgot I even had..I have been putting things in my gear/storage room for the last 3 years..but I never dreamed it was such a large amount of stuff..redundent stuff really.I got proubly 20pair of all kinds of socks,6-7 fleece,rain jackets,wind jackets, heavy jackets,light jackets,ss shirts,ls shirts,gloves,hats,scarves,neck gaiters,nalgenes,2 complete sets of mosquito clothing from hat withnets,shirt,pants..rain pants,whole rain suits,rain mitts..9 pairs of shoes>>what? waterproof bags.3 packs(I did know about them)2 good bags,1 cheap bag and even a fleece liner,3 pads,flashlights.even a 4D battery lantern that I know I ain't carrying .I am going to try and sell some of the better stuff or trade for more stuff..lol..but when I am done and I have my pack ready to go with what replacements I may need for my thru..I am going to give the rest away here to anyone who might need or want it..all I ask is you pay the cheapest shipping..so keep an eye out and when I post if you want something tell me..thanks .Biloxi/Don

I know whereof thou speakest.

"I feel your pain"
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Looking for a comfortable cave to habitate jrwiesz's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    I know whereof thou speakest.

"I feel your pain"
    Ain't it great?
    "For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

Gettin Lighter..All the Time!!! Biloxi's Avatar

Default uummmm

I think it's a sickness...but I can't stop....(but honey..it's a $100.00 jacket for only $30.00...)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Biloxi View Post
    I think it's a sickness...but I can't stop....(but honey..it's a $100.00 jacket for only $30.00...)
    Shall we start an, ebay, EA?
    "For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

Kinda sounds like every woman I've ever known. Closets and dresser drawers and cabinets and shelves full of handbags and shoes they forgot they had.

Luckily i have a big garage.
    Good luck.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Images

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlehead View Post
    Luckily i have a big garage.
    Good luck.
    Remember that Snow Lion parka you just had to have?

Need a used one?

Fabrics have come a long ways these days.
    Carl Sagan

I took three girlfriends backpacking for the weekend and except for the sleepingbags the rest of the gear was mine. I know where your coming from.

Images

I could just about open an outfitter in my garage. I feel your pain.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Hike smarter, not harder.

It's a sickness. I could have sworn I bought a 40 degree Mountain Hardware bag, and was charged for it, but I couldn't find it. About a year later, I opened a box in the garage, and there it was. Oops.

Images

Biloxi GOOD FOR YOU! WOW!! WISH MORE PEOPLE WERE SO NICE AS YOU ARE! I also give away extra stuff I have to people who are just starting out or the boy scouts. There are other good people out there!

I did the same thing and wondered if anyone could carry all their gear at one time.LOL

No doubt many of us could outfit a small boyscout troop single handlely.
    I have 6 packs, 3 day packs, 2 waist packs, 4 tents, 4 bivy sacks, 1 hammock, 6 sleeping bags, 5 assorted sleeping mats, ect, ect...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

My wife reminds me of this frequently.....

Images

I'd get rid of some of it but I might need it someday. Besides it's mine, don't touch it!!!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

I have a whole room devoted to hiking. Gear, pictures and other paraphernalia.

Biloxi, Our Club is working with an outdoor club at a local college that is trying to get off the ground. They have asked our group for gear donations. I think we could foot the bill for the shipping if you are interested in donating it to them. PM me.
    Cabin Fever
    You need God—to hope, to care, to love, to live.

Images

Kinda like crack!!!! Except you have something to show for it and you get to keep your teeth.

Images

Cabin fever, forget the shipping just drive down and get and meet him face to face. Gas might cost a little but you will have made a friend and thats way better than what gas cost

Images

But it's kind of nice to have extra packs, tents, sleeping bags, pads, etc when you have a friend who would like to join you. That way he/she can try out the trail without going broke doing so. My friend is hiking with me for Spring Break. I know she'll be wanting her own stuff afterwards...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++