WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Gregory Z65

Default Gregory Z65

I was looking at this pack today. How do you guys feel about Gregory?

Quality, realibility?

I have hauled the original z-pack and the z55. The original had a lot of opportunities for improvement, but they hit most of them with the z55. I tried on a z65 at an outfitter and thought it felt really good. I particularly like the basket on the back which is great for rain cover, gaiters and other stuff that doesn't hurt to get wet.

It's not the lightest pack in the world, but it is definitely a good one for the average joe like me.
    Cabin Fever
    You need God—to hope, to care, to love, to live.

I have an older model Shasta. Harness system might just be the best fit out there, at least for my frame. Love the way it rides, but it is too heavy for how I want to hike now. Still use it for shorter trips. Newer model Gregorys are lighter I think.
    Top notch stuff IMHO. Gregory replaced a broken belt stay when it was 8 years old -no charge. Can't ask for better service than that.
    Rockdawg69

Caution: Falling and Rolling Rocks have the Right-of-Way!!!!

Gregory packs used to be one of the top worn packs out there. (80's into 90's)
    Don't know why they dropped so low that you don't hear much about them anymore.
    My guess would be because they didn't get into the lightweight game until it was too late.
    They used to make a great bombproof pack. I still have mine from '89. It has a lot of miles on it and everything still works but it is probably 4-5 lbs. So, it is for guests that want to go out for an overnite only now.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Journal Entries
    Images

I have the Z65 and my wife has the Z55 we like them mite not be an UL pack but seems to be tuff well made and simple. I don't think I will get a UL pack this one is light enough for me and can carry more than 25 to 30 lbs comfortably.

++ New Posts ++