WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View Poll Results: When you are on the trail which do you prefer?

Voters
153. This poll is closed
  • beer

45 29.41%
  • wine

7 4.58%
  • liquor

76 49.67%
  • other

25 16.34%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Adult beverages

Images

Default Joe Sixpack & MedlinePlus links

While patronizing a favored purveyor of fine malt beverages today, I read an article linked here in which it was announced D.G. Yuengling & Son would be adding a bock beer to its product line.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    Unfortunately, when it comes to alcohol, few stop at 2 ounces (men) or 1 ounce (women). Some microbrews approach an ounce of ethanol in a single 12 ounce bottle.

I'll contribute a link from a reliable source since most seem to get their information from those who have a financial interest in them purchasing alcohol or their misinformed friends.
    Click on MedlinePlus link for information about alcohol consumption and its health impacts.
    Last edited by emerald; 03-14-2009 at 11:31. Reason: Added MedlinePlus link.

I'll still stick with Stella Artios as far as Belgians go. Named one of my feral cats after Stella. Good stuff. On the trail, though, it's Lynchburg's Jack Daniels.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frick Frack View Post
    You can find PISGAH Brewing only in the Black Mountain/Asheville area at select groceries and bars. My favs are the IPA, Pale Ale, & Valdez. They have interesting seasonal brews too. They have some high gravity beers like Equinox, Cosmos and Solstice in bottles but most all others are in growlers. The only one I'm not crazy about is Endless Summer. If you are in Asheville & enjoy beer try one (or ALL!) of these places....Asheville Brewing, Jack of the Woods, Dirty Jacks, Thirsty Monk and be sure to stop by Bruisin'Ales (excellent beer selection). French Broad Brewing is good too. MAN, I wish we were back in NC......

Thanks for the heads up on Asheville breweries, I'm heading down end of June..
    Do one thing everyday...that makes you happy...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    After a couple days, I live for a Diet Coke.
    Same here. I would die for a coke coming of the trail. The sad thing is I don't realy drink coke and don't like it that well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++