WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Talking Place to stay in VT/NH?

Wyrm and I will be in VT this week. I have job interviews on Thursday in Waitsfield and Monday in Newport. We are staying in a hotel on Thursday night and a hostel on Sunday night but money is tight. (Got to love the post thru-hike financial status!) Can anyone help us out with a place to stay on Friday and Saturday nights? Anyplace in central/northern VT or even western NH would really help and work-for-stay is no problem. We have Wyrm's dog with us. He's a well-mannered shiz-tsu and doesn't cause any problems at all. Please give me a call on my cell at 732-841-3500. Thanks!

PM Jack Tarlin. He lives in Hanover and if he can't accomodate you there's a good chance he might know someone who can.

Images

Default Sure

Give me a PM or call....Have room and company is welcome. I live about 15 minutes from I-91 in Fairlee, VT and about 20 minutes from Glencliff. I heat with wood and the cottage is usually in the 50s, but if you can deal with that you're welcome to spend a few days.

603-764-9255
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

Images

When I'm up that way I stay at the Hikers Welcome in Glencliff. Primative hostel, great folks.

Ordinarily Rockhound would be right, but this weekend is impossible.

And if I'm not mistaken, I'm not sure the hostel in Glencliff is open right now.

But if you can reach Hillwalker, you should stay with him, he's a great guy.

Images

Default Glencliff

Thanks Jack.

Hikers' Hostel is froze up tight right now. Got another foot or so predicted starting tonight.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

++ New Posts ++