Hello,
My name is Paul Duffey and I am writing you today to ask you a couple questions about your sleeping bag, specially the Ultra 20. I am currently planning out a thru hike of The Eastern Continental Trail. The trail stretches from the northern tip of Newfoundland at Crow Head and goes south all the way to the Southern most point in the US in Key West.
Check out http://adoptamile.webs.com/ for more info! You can also check out my link on Nomads site http://www.nimblewillnomad.com/index.html

The trail breaks down like this:
Traveling Southbound,
Start on the northern coast of Newfoundland & Labrador Canada at Crow Head.
This is the northern most section of the Appalachian Mountains where they first break out of the ocean.
Then you start you hike along Newfoundland’s western coast from north to south.
These trails are still being built and consist of mostly old logging roads and road walks.
Then take a ferry across to Nova Scotia and hike the newest part of the SIA / IAT for 156 miles. I will also be hiking the section of the trail on Prince Edwards Island. This section will become official later this year.
I will be the 1st person to thru hike these sections of the trail. Then it’s 2 train rides to Cape Gaspe in Forillon National Park. Then follow the SIA/IAT through Québec & New Brunswick into Maine and end on the summit of Mt Katahdin. (1,400 Miles)
From Katahdin follow the Appalachian Trail to Springer Mountain in Georgia. (2,155 Miles)
Follow the Benton MacKaye Trail (65 Miles)
Follow the Pinhoti Trail (245 Miles)
Follow the road walk thru Alabama (265 Miles)
Follow the Florida National Scenic Trail (825 Miles)
Follow the Key West Everglades road walk (175 Miles)

A grand total of almost 5,500 miles not including trips into town and other stops.
__________________________________________________ ______________________
I will be the 1st person to complete a Southern thru hike of the ECT when I complete it in July 2010. It will take 13 months to hike the entire Eastern Continental Trail.