WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Hubba or Hubba HP

I am looking to get a new tent. I am debating between the MSR Hubba or the MSR HUbba HP. The HP is 100 dollars more but also 3 oz. lighter. Does anyone have any input on these two tents?

Not sure how much I like the mostly fabric design of the Hubba HP. The all mesh of the Hubba would offer more ventilation. Also, I don't think 3 oz weight savings is worth $100.

im 6ft2in and have plenty of room in my hubba i love i just got a hommock also but the hubba is a really nice tent

Images

Quote Originally Posted by big_muddy View Post
    Not sure how much I like the mostly fabric design of the Hubba HP. The all mesh of the Hubba would offer more ventilation. Also, I don't think 3 oz weight savings is worth $100.

Some of my thoughts....I usually am a cold sleeper so maybe less mesh might be better and I was wondering if I am using the Hubba, without the fly, I wouldn't have much privacy to change clothes inside the tent. Being a female this is a concerned of mine right now. Probably after a month on the trail I could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by hikingbear View Post
    I am looking to get a new tent. I am debating between the MSR Hubba or the MSR HUbba HP. The HP is 100 dollars more but also 3 oz. lighter. Does anyone have any input on these two tents?
    I have the 2007 model Hubba, which I purchased right before the Hubba HP model was released. The Hubba tent is designed I believe primarily for late spring through early fall, where the Hubba HP is described as being better in more "Alpine " like environments/conditions. This to me means it's better in a wetter/damper environment, like in the mountains of the eastern states in late fall OR early spring. I don't believe this tent to be as good as the regular Hubba for warmer conditions as it will probably get too hot in the summer months, as to the minimal mesh. And in winter, a 4 season tent I believe would be better.

++ New Posts ++