WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Shameless Plug

Images

Default Shameless Plug

Howdy All,

Just wanted to give a plug to a local camping store. If you are in the Columbus, Ohio area check out Sabo's Camping. It is a family owned store, which predominately sells campers. However they do have a pretty good selection of backpacking gear. Better still the guy that runs the backpacking department was a SOBO Thru-hiker in '99. His name is Matt by the way. He has been very helpful in my planning. So if you are in the area, check it out.
    I swear -- by my life and my love of it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Images

Howdy All,
    Just wanted to give another head's up if you live in Columbus, Ohio. I have found another family owned outfitter. Place is called the Outdoor Source. I did not get to talk to their AT expert, since he is one vacation at the moment. Seems like a pretty good place, and the prices seem pretty reasonable.
    I swear -- by my life and my love of it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Default I second that...

I have been to Sabo's and also found it to be a great place for gear, a good alternative to Galyan's anyway. I actually met a guy who works at the Outdoor source who hiked the trail last year. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but am looking forward to it.

Images

Default Yet another shameless plug.

Howdy all,
    For anyone thinking to do hammock camping from Columbus, OH. I was at Sabos Camping today picking up gear, and I was surprised to see that they now stock Hennesy hammocks.
    As usual the service was awesome. If you go ask for Matt. Great guy, and willing to help an aspiring AT hiker.

Just have to ask PVT "Who is John Galt?"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bagheera
    Just have to ask PVT "Who is John Galt?"
    Wasn't he some RANDy fella that lived in a commune in the CO backcountry?

Yellow Jacket
    Images

Ryan is the OS thru-hiker. Though, I think there is another former (?) employee that is hiking this year.
    Yellow Jacket -- Words of Wisdom (tm) go here.

++ New Posts ++