WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Warwick, NY - 3 miles from Wildcat Shelter on AT
    Images

Question Lodging in Solon/Bingham area - Maine

Here I go again planning my next section hike of Maine. This will be a moderately leisurely day hiking trek along the AT from Monson to Flagstaff Lake. I have the mileages, access points, elevation profile, sites and car shuttles all plotted out.

Now, my question is accommodations.
    (1) In Monson, Pie Lady or Shaw's or someplace else you recommend?

(2) Accommodations in Bingham, Moscow or Solon, ME? Any recommendations or other suggestions? I have checked out websites for Mrs. G's B&B, Evergreens Campground (cabins), and Pierce Hill Cabins. Interested in a place with a number of twin beds for a small group.

Lastly if anyone is interested, we are going Sun. 9/26 thru Sun. 10/2. Let me know if you want more detailed itinerary.

Journal Entries
    Images

Why are you looking for accomidations in Bingham, Moscow or Solon? This is so far from the AT. You could get a cabin at Steve Lonley's place. He is the Kennebec ferryman. He is in Caratunk. Are you planning on slack packing these sections?
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Warwick, NY - 3 miles from Wildcat Shelter on AT
    Images

You hit the nail on the head. I need a base for setting up car shuttles for three day hikes: Moxie Road to 201, 201 to Main Logging Road & Main Logging Road to East Flagstaff Road. Caratunk would make the last hike be a monster car shuttle and I would have to go back to Bingham to even get to the logging road. So Solon or Bingham is much better centered for the three day hike sections.
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Askus3
    (1) In Monson, Pie Lady or Shaw's or someplace else you recommend?

(2) Accommodations in Bingham, Moscow or Solon, ME?
    In Monson, Shaw's has much more space than the Pie Lady's, but they might both be crowded with late Thruhikers. If you want the 'scene' stay with Old Keith and Mrs Shaw, if you want a quieter place, stay with Sydney. You might want to consider The Lake Shore House, really nice rooms, very nice owner, great kitchen you can use, and it's in the same building as the laundrymat. www.lakeshore-house.com

I list The Bingham Motor Inn in the Companion (the url in the book is old - the new website is> http://www.binghammotorinn.com/ ) It's well worth checking out. Bingham's a nice little town, has everything from ATMs to a pharmacy, and will make a good HQ for what you have planned, I think.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

++ New Posts ++