WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Abol Bridge Campground - Abol Pines

I was looking at my Appalachian Pages and was wondering if Abol Bridge Campground and Abol Pines tent sites are the same thing? They are listed at the same milage marker but are listed seperately.

If they are different ...

The price for Abol Bridge Campground is listed at $10. Is there a fee for Abol Pines?

Aaaaaand, if anyone has been to either of these sites (or this one site) - any opinions? Good place to stay?

Images

The campground is on one side of the bridge and the tent sites are down stream (south) of the campground, next to the river. See www.matc.org for further info if no one responds here.
    Do one thing everyday...that makes you happy...

Images

Abol pines tent sites...$7pp...it's in the Appalachian Pages
    Do one thing everyday...that makes you happy...

The State run Abol Pines site is only 75 yards north of the Abol Bridge Campground. Privately run Abol Pines has two large lean-tos and several riverside tentsites. Abol Bridge has many trailer and RV sites and sees few tent campers. You'll hear logging trucks brake and rumble over the bridge from both campgrounds. Abol Bridge has showers for guests. Abol Pines sometimes sees large groups of MEGAs bunching up before going into Baxter Park.
    http://www.aldha.org/companyn/nh-me09.pdf
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Always stopped at the Abol Bridge store on my way out of Baxter. Last year I camped there instead of heading into Hurd Brook and discovered the campground has an unbelievable view of Katahdin. Nice place, good folks run it.

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Always stopped at the Abol Bridge store on my way out of Baxter. Last year I camped there instead of heading into Hurd Brook and discovered the campground has an unbelievable view of Katahdin. Nice place, good folks run it.
    Abol Bridge Store:
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...&imageuser=314
    View from the campground.:
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...&imageuser=314
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

++ New Posts ++