WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    This is going downhill REALLY fast
    well this thread was started with an outright lie, where did you think it could possibly go?

Quote Originally Posted by vonfrick View Post
    well this thread was started with an outright lie, where did you think it could possibly go?
    Good point. . .

here

Default Trail Shangri-La

if you look real hard, you can see warrgy peeking out one of the upstairs windows.

Images

Actually, it started with the OP asking about a rumor he heard--and expressing hope that it wasn't true.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    if you look real hard, you can see warrgy peeking out one of the upstairs windows.
    Actually, the Warraghiyagey Suite is around the corner. . . and that photo was taken when Keith still ran it - bummer I never got to meet the dude. . .

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Actually, the Warraghiyagey Suite is around the corner. . . and that photo was taken when Keith still ran it - bummer I never got to meet the dude. . .
    so whose face is that??

Benton McKaye's??

Benton McKaye's??

who??

aaaaaaaaaaannnnd if you're there in late july, i will personally be making your pancakes!!
    aaaand. . . I will be personally watching Vonfrick make your pancakes while walking around with a vacant look like I don't understand I could be helping also. . .
    you pink blazer you

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Actually, it started with the OP asking about a rumor he heard--and expressing hope that it wasn't true.
    didn't mean to imply that the OP was lying. but someone was.

Images

Shaws Rocks glad to hear it won't be closing.

i betcha vonfrick pancakes are the bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    i betcha vonfrick pancakes are the bomb
    Yupperdoodle. . . just spoke with Dawn and she was wondering if Jennfrick and I would be attending Trail Days. . . . if we do we'll be coming as ambassadors of Shaw's. . .

Default Hope they're open

Hope they are open next year when I get there. Only place that came close for me was Pine Ellis. Been away since '94, sorry to hear of the elder Shaw's passing. That old man was one of a kind. Hard to believe he was only 75, he seemed as old as the hills when I first met him(not that that's a bad thing) That place is one of a kind. Only problem I had with Shaw's was it was so dang hard to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro '94 View Post
    Hope they are open next year when I get there.
    No worries, Shaws will be open!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro '94 View Post
    Hope they are open next year when I get there. Only place that came close for me was Pine Ellis. Been away since '94, sorry to hear of the elder Shaw's passing. That old man was one of a kind. Hard to believe he was only 75, he seemed as old as the hills when I first met him(not that that's a bad thing) That place is one of a kind. Only problem I had with Shaw's was it was so dang hard to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    No worries, Shaws will be open!
    yep! spent memorial day weekend up there doing some work. hopefully all the flowers i planted around didn't freeze!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++