WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Default Shaw's open for 2009

I just heard a rumor that Dawn and Sue have thrown in the towel and Shaw's will not be open this year (2009). Hopefully that is a false rumor.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

Images

Last edited by TJ aka Teej; 03-29-2009 at 14:30. Reason: Thread is about Shaws.

I just made a call up there. Machine answered and gave Sue and Dawn's number. Did not say they were closed. Hope to be up there later this year myself.
    J D Cool

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JDCool1 View Post
    I just made a call up there. Machine answered and gave Sue and Dawn's number. Did not say they were closed. Hope to be up there later this year myself.
    I sent them an e-mail asking about the rumor. Will post when I receive a reply.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Dude, I have talked to Dawn numerous times in the last few weeks and Vonfrick and I spent a week with them in February.
    I assure you, whereever you got your information is an unreliable source at best.
    Bad rumor. . . .
    Shaw's will be open this year and next and next and so on. . .

Last edited by TJ aka Teej; 03-29-2009 at 14:30. Reason: Thread is about Shaws.
    "How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live."

- Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by JDCool1 View Post
    They will be opening the hostel at the end of April/beginning of May. Right now the building is winterized - we'll be headed up there in a couple weeks to help them get it ready for spring.

Images

Default Hooray

Great, glad to hear it. They are an integral part of my "fill in the gaps" sectioning this summer.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

Shaw's is a magical stop. . .

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Dude, I have talked to Dawn numerous times in the last few weeks and Vonfrick and I spent a week with them in February.
    I assure you, whereever you got your information is an unreliable source at best.
    Bad rumor. . . .
    Shaw's will be open this year and next and next and so on. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    They will be opening the hostel at the end of April/beginning of May. Right now the building is winterized - we'll be headed up there in a couple weeks to help them get it ready for spring.

all true.

aaaaaaaaaaaannnnd if you're there in late july, i will personally be making your pancakes!!

Quote Originally Posted by vonfrick View Post
    all true.

aaaaaaaaaaaannnnd if you're there in late july, i will personally be making your pancakes!!
    aaaand. . . I will be personally watching Vonfrick make your pancakes while walking around with a vacant look like I don't understand I could be helping also. . .

No indication from the owners at the end of last season that they weren't going to continue. They're in it for the long haul!
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...&imageuser=314
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    No indication from the owners at the end of last season that they weren't going to continue. They're in it for the long haul!
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...&imageuser=314
    As I stated before. . . we speak with/visit Dawn frequently. . . it's a poorly played rumor and I would love to know who Hillwalker's 'source' is.

Last edited by TJ aka Teej; 03-29-2009 at 14:27. Reason: Thread is about Shaws.

Last edited by TJ aka Teej; 03-29-2009 at 14:27. Reason: Thread is about Shaws.

Last edited by TJ aka Teej; 03-29-2009 at 14:28. Reason: Thread is about Shaws.

"If I get started in the right direction, I just might get to where I want to go." -- Tab Benoit

Last edited by TJ aka Teej; 03-29-2009 at 14:29. Reason: Thread is about Shaws.

Images

This is going downhill REALLY fast
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++