WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Default Northern Terminus

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get from the NT of the LT to Burlington, VT so I can catch a flight to DC the following morning.

Kirby

Humm, maybe tape a 50 dollar bill to a sign which says "Yours for a ride to Burlington" and sit in front of the general store in North Troy?
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

I'll most likely get a shuttle of some sort, as I'll be on a tight timetable.

Default northern terminus

yeah, you WILL need a pre-arranged shuttle. There is no public transportation up there. None.

DavidNH

Images

Getting to Rutland is easy, luckily. I'm simply going to fly from Boston. I can catch an 11AM flight and be hiking by 3PM.

Images

Is there really a 3.2 mile road walk along the Winooski River into Jonesville?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Is there really a 3.2 mile road walk along the Winooski River into Jonesville?
    Something like that. The Long Trail tavern is on RT 15 (and sort of on the trail) which leads to Jonesville, so you might score a ride into town from there. Worth stoping for a meal and a beer anyway.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

A little correction. The Long Trail Tavern (opens 3:00 pm) is one mile east of the LT x-ing at Vt Rte 15 and it's another 1.8 miles to Johnson, Vt (Grand Union/other food places/post office). The roadwalk near Jonesville is indeed 3.2 miles on paved back road which if you are going NB you will cross the river and US Rte 2 where the post office is located. The nearest market is west on US Rte another 3 miles in Richmond, Vt.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

You rarely wind up walking the whole way to Jonesville, there's usually someone to offer a ride. If not, it's a nice walk. You can get a coke at the Harley mechanic across the street from the P.O.

Images

I'm looking forward to this little adventure, great way to transition to school.

I won't purposefully seek a ride into Jonesville, but I'll take it if it's offered while I'm walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    You rarely wind up walking the whole way to Jonesville, there's usually someone to offer a ride. If not, it's a nice walk. You can get a coke at the Harley mechanic across the street from the P.O.
    That's very true, whenever I see a fellow hiker when a big backpack I normally ask if they need a ride.

Also, the coke machine isn't at the Harley mechanic anymore. So keep hoping that the Jonesville store will open up or else your best best is another 3 or so miles into Richmond.

++ New Posts ++