WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Exactly what kind is that LW? We've never met.
    thought you was goin' to dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Just a point of clarification, Sly. It's not singling out hikers with pot, who may or may not have any intention of smoking on the property.

It is subjecting all hikers, even those who don't carry drugs, to the fallible nose of a German Shepard.
    They also say no alcohol. Perhaps they need dogs to sniff out Jim Beam?

Lyle-"Guess if this is the future of what hiking the AT holds, it's time to move further west with my plans. Has nothing to do with pot or drinking, everything to do with being a suspect and subject to search for no reason. Especially in a town that openly promotes the same behaviors when it's profitable for them."
    From your description I believe you've got Damascus, VA mixed up with Damascus, Syria. Where did you get the crazy idea the town "openly promotes the same behaviors when it's profitable for them"? I guess I missed the banner as I came into town that said: "Welcome to Damascus! Get drunk and smoke pot!" What have you been smoking?

I agree completely, there should be a sign

Quote Originally Posted by zoidfu View Post
    I'd settle for a sign that says, "We randomly search your person and affects for drugs with a drug dog."

Like you touched on, when you go on a plane or a bus you are consenting to a possible random search by buying the ticket. Unless such a sign exists, TOW and word of mouth is the only way people know what they're getting into... and believe it or not, there are law abiding folks out there that plainly don't agree with being profiled.
    My Web Site: Parkaymaps

Wow, I just found this one. Been outback drinking some beers with the boys. Someone had some purple skunk,we all got wasted. And then we decided to shoot the guns,holy chit mon! What a great easter sunday.

No worries though,we are all atheists...so no way we would stay at a stinkin church hostel !

Damascus,holy police state...filled with redneck narcs/wannabe cops.Or is that just a WB thing?

Really sad thread folks.

Quote Originally Posted by mudcap View Post
    Wow, I just found this one. Been outback drinking some beers with the boys. Someone had some purple skunk,we all got wasted. And then we decided to shoot the guns,holy chit mon! What a great easter sunday.

No worries though,we are all atheists...so no way we would stay at a stinkin church hostel !

Damascus,holy police state...filled with redneck narcs/wannabe cops.Or is that just a WB thing?

Really sad thread folks.
    LOL... thanks for the laugh.

Put up a sign that says:

"Warning - Police and Drug sniffing dogs patrol regularly"

who would bother going in at all?

druggies - no
    people who think this means there is a problem - no
    people who don't want to be hassled - no
    people who think this a good idea - yes, but what percent is that??

Journal Entries
    Images

I am curious about one thing.

Damascus is a relatively small town, and training for these animals is rather expensive. To say the least.

Was the appointment of a canine officer in Damascus, and acquisition of this expensive law enforcement resource, due to an unusually high degree of drug trafficking in the area? Was the program funded by property seizures and such?

Just seems rather unusual. I do like that they went with a German Sheppard, though. They are much cooler than some of the mutts you see on TV doing this work.

But just to clarify, this is an officially trained member of the department, correct? We aren't talking about a small-town police officer officer bringing in his pet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I am curious about one thing.

Damascus is a relatively small town, and training for these animals is rather expensive. To say the least.

We the appointment of a canine officer in Damascus due to an unusually high degree of drug trafficking in the area? Was the program funded by property seizures and such?

Just seems odd. I do like that they went with a German Sheppard, though. They are much cooler than some of the mutts you see on TV doing this work.

But just to clarify, this is an officially trained member of the department, correct? We aren't talking about a small-town police officer officer bringing in his pet, right?
    call the police dept. and ask them although i don't think you really care

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    LOL... thanks for the laugh.
    Sly, you are welcome.

This thread is just way to scarey,I had to say something.

C,mon folks...peace, love and granola to all. It is just a little herb,there are many more important things to worry about.

the weed crowd gets all uppity when the police are looking for them

Zoidfu-"...and believe it or not, there are law abiding folks out there that plainly don't agree with being profiled."
    So if everyone in The Place is checked, how is that profiling?

The problem isn't The Place, the church, or the police. The problem is the hikers who have been there in the past and are trying to spoil it for the rest of us. If you want to be P.O.ed, direct you anger at the people who caused the problem. Pogo had the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Fhart View Post

The problem isn't The Place, the church, or the police. The problem is the hikers who have been there in the past and are trying to spoil it for the rest of us. If you want to be P.O.ed, direct you anger at the people who caused the problem. Pogo had the answer.

then he'd have to look in the mirror... and he don't like what he sees.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    call the police dept. and ask them although i don't think you really care
    Just seems odd that such a small town would have its own Canine Officer, that's all.

Must be a story behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    the weed crowd gets all uppity when the police are looking for them
    They ought to. Ganja enforcement is a waste of time, hypocritical and was born out of racism to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Fhart View Post

By checking hikers. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    then he'd have to look in the mirror... and he don't like what he sees.
    **** you. Again, I don't even smoke weed.

They ought to. Ganja enforcement is a waste of time, hypocritical and was born out of racism to begin with.
    supporting legalization of weed is one thing.

smoking weed that is not home grown supports a long line of crime and murder to get it to market... no matter how you rationalize it, that's is what is real

**** you. Again, I don't even smoke weed.
    you certainly sound wasted out of your mind, my bad

Wandering Vagabond
    Images

Now, how cool is that, a police dog that profiles?

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++