WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow College Students for 2010!

Hello everyone.
    I am 24 year old who is planning to graduate college in the spring of 2010. I love to go backpacking and would really want to do a thru hike NOBO after I graduate. What I am interested in doing is trying to find a group of people that would like to try to hike the entire AT together. Not to say that we wouldn't be able to sperate from time to time, but as a team we would start the trail and as team we would finish the trail. I was planning on starting sometime in early May and finishing up in late Sept early October. You don't necessarily of had to graduate to go, but I was wanting to try to design the team to be centered around college age students. I haven't worked out any particualars yet (dates, number of people, etc.) but if anyone is interested, feel free to message me or just respond to the thread. Happy Trails!
    Stormin'

Sounds like a fun idea, unfortunately I'm planning on leaving in March.....what school do you attend? I used to go to Barry U in Miami....haha briefly that is

I'm attending UWF, University of West Florida, its up in Pensacola. And dates aren't certain, I might take Spring semester off to start early.

Depending on what I'm doing with my degree now I'm going to either graduate winter quarter or take spring quarter off, so I'd be starting around early April. It would be nice to have someone so I can tell creepy people I'm waiting for you, but I was planning on doing it in like 4 months so I can go to NOLS in the fall.

I am graduating THIS spring '09, but I would love to hike with others around my age. I am planning on going in March 2010 (nobo), but if you are interested, let me know!

Images

gobiggreen, I am leaving early march 2010 as well. I graduated this past monday and I don't know what to do with myself. I have a job, at least supposedly, this summer, and it starts in a month. So I should do some hiking in between now and then, but I live in eastern mass, so I'm not sure how well that'll work out.
    AT 2010 Feb26-Aug14
    'Crash Course'

How good does a female athlete have to be before we just call her an athlete? ~Author Unknown

I'm planning a 2010 thru-hike too will be a nice reward after four years

Yesss, another college graduate hitting the AT in May! I'll be leaving sometime around May 10-12th. I hopefully intend to meet up with you on the trail somewhere!

Yeah will be a blast most likely will be flip floping due to a late start

When do you plan on starting Sancap? I was planning on doing the same thing if I didn't get to a certain place by a certain time (which I'll find out later )

most likely around may 7-12 take a few days off after graduation to check up with the family then off to the trail

Same here! Hopefully we'll see each other on the trail!

does grad school count?

i think it counts double

Crap! Does that mean I need a bigger tent?

Finished my BS in May, finishing my MS in August, and plan on starting a NOBO thru-hike sometime next April...maybe I'll see some of you out there.

I wouldn't worry too much about it folks, the average age of a nobo thru-hiker is around the 20-25 mark from what I've seen over the years, I would say 70% of hikers fit that mold, you guys will be the dominant age group whenever your hike.

Default Post Graduation Adventure

Graduating May 2010 Texas State University. Looking to join/form a group to leave May 10-15. Very excited, let's do it! Contact me to form our group =)

Planning on hiking between Soph and Junior years. That gives me about 3 months to do the trail. I know that's quick, but I'm a pretty quick hiker, I think. Any words of wisdom?

Quote Originally Posted by runsmiles View Post
    Planning on hiking between Soph and Junior years. That gives me about 3 months to do the trail. I know that's quick, but I'm a pretty quick hiker, I think. Any words of wisdom?
    Give yourself two more months.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++