WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thumbs up Hemlock Hollow Farm

Just so that everyone knows, I have stayed here at this hostel well more like a country club so to speak, and I can say I highly recomend the stop here. If you need the stop. The owners here Hattie & Fred treat you like family and they are more than hiker friendly. They offer private cabins as well as a bunkhouse and nice hot showers and a ride back to the trail so far it's been the best stop on the trail for me. Make note these are great folks! and come and visit them.

SpOtLight
    "When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

high on the short list.great place.hattie is a great host.we found it by luck stayed two days.didnt want to go.good food.the warmest of hearts.i fell in love there.its year around too.

I'm worth a million in prizes astrogirl's Avatar
    Images

I stayed there too -- it was a really nice place with nice people running it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    obstacles are found everywhere, and in taking them, we nourish ourselves.
    http://astrogirl.com/blog/Backpacking

I stayed there in March and highly recommend it as well.
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wolf View Post
    Just so that everyone knows, I have stayed here at this hostel well more like a country club so to speak, and I can say I highly recomend the stop here. If you need the stop. The owners here Hattie & Fred treat you like family and they are more than hiker friendly. They offer private cabins as well as a bunkhouse and nice hot showers and a ride back to the trail so far it's been the best stop on the trail for me. Make note these are great folks! and come and visit them.

SpOtLight
    I have met them and they seam to both be really great people.

I stayed there last October, and they were great. Had the bunkhouse to ourselves, and it and the showers were clean. They fixed a wonderful breakfast in the morning, and were super hosts.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wolf View Post

SpOtLight
    i stayed there in beginning of Feb. they couldnt of been nicer to me and after being at Spring Shelter for 2 days it was a God sent.

I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Images

look forward to staying with them for a day before i head out to finish the trail at the end of this month
    hillbilly

Images

They let us leave a car there during a section hike last spring. Very nice people.
    Pootz 07

Images

I had heard the place is for sale. Anyone have any info?
    Pootz 07

Was through there last week. Great folks. I sat for an hour or so just chatting with them. Shuttled me back into Hot Springs. I don't think its for sale - they are putting a new building in for a restaurant so they seem to be investing in the place.

Images

I stayed here with Spotlight aka Blue Wolf the other night. This is a sweet spot and the bunkhouse isn't a "bunkhouse" it's a nice cabin with a small kitchen area, sleeps 8 in actual beds. They have cabins and covered tenting as well.
    The bath house is clean and first rate with hot water that doesn't run out and shower pressure strong enough to blast the grime off.
    ~ The small store has everything you could need or want ( they did their homework on what to stock) anything from boot laces to Body Glide, Liptons, Freeze Dried, bulk dehydrated and if you're a coffee or tea drinker, Hattie has something for you! she has jar after jar of quality beans and teas...good stuff and she'll even grind the beans of your choice and put them in individual teabags for you if you don't carry something for grinds. I really enjoyed my stay here and wish I'd of paid more attention to my guidebook before I stocked up on food in Hot Springs. You can roll out of Hot Springs with a lunch and hoof it here to supply for the stroll to Erwin rather than lugging everything up and out of H.S.
    The small signs might confuse you as to the distance...it might be a mile but an easy one and they offer a free shuttle back in the morning and free coffee!
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

++ New Posts ++