WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Missing Dog

Images

We have a Boston Terrier that became a complete pain in the butt when he hit doggy puberty. He would tear out the door and take off every chance he got. Thankfully, we had a tag on his collar we got from the Vet that allowed people to go to a website and track down his owners (us), so we got him back every time. This happened around 5 or 6 times, so we had some anatomical alterations made to his back end and the behavior stopped...
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Images

get a tag like this Put your home and cell phone on it, as well as your street address.

Images

I just checked and the site is www.getmehome.com
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Trail Bum / Homeless Vet
    Images

Let me guess no leash? No ID Tags? Seems like you aren't responsible enough to own said dog. Oh well

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Worldwide View Post
    Let me guess no leash? No ID Tags? Seems like you aren't responsible enough to own said dog. Oh well
    A wee bit judgemental for someone who apparently didn't even read the OP.

Pilgrim of Serendipity

Worldwide, if you'd bothered to read the opening post you would notice that the dog did indeed have a vet ID tag which allowed the owner to be contacted when the dog was found. Honestly, you're just making yourself look bad there.

http://www.dogidcollar.com/collars.html
    These embroidered collars are not expensive, and they have a couple of advantages over a metal tag: 1) they are less noisy and don't dangle, and 2) they're less likely to get lost. With a tag attached to the collar, there are two possible points of failure: where the tag and collar meet, or where the collar itself buckles. If either of those fails, you've lost the ID. If the information is on the collar itself, you've eliminated one point of failure from the equation. The embroidery on the collar is also very obvious and easy to see.

Embroidered collar + microchip = the best way I can think of to make sure the dog is identified as yours at all times.
    Deuteronomy 23:12-13 "Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. As part of your equipment have something to dig with… dig a hole and cover up your excrement."

Trail Bum / Homeless Vet
    Images

I have a reading disorder quit picking on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Worldwide View Post
    Since you have no evidence as to the facts in this case and your post is purely speculative, I would suggest you aren't responsible enough to post in this forum.

Images

Worldwide has made an "oops, my bad" post so let's move along.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Wow great news about your dog.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

I am so very pleased to hear the good news. I can only imaging how gut wrenching the past couple of days have been for you.

Images

whoo-hoo!!
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimumwage! View Post
    -UPDATE-
    I came home today to find a message on my machine from the Johnson City Animal Shelter that Sally is there.
    That's good news indeed.

Colonial Heights, Tennessee, United States
    Images

Glad you found her... I was about to say I could post you a local ad for nothing but thankfully it's not neccessary.

I am so glad you found ur pooch. I was going to tell you not to worry. Here's a story for you all. In 2000 I was on Phish Tour and North of Sandiego we stopped to get gas. There was this really cool dog there and his name was Chance. I forget what state he was from, but the attendant said the dog had been there for over an hour. Knowing Phish had just left town and the dog was attracted to people who smelled of "greener ingredients lol" I had a strong feeling it was another heads dog. So I loded Chance up in the Van and off we went towards Shorline Apitheater, we were not there an hour before we here this women screaming "CHANCE!!!!! CHANCE!!!! CHANCE!!!!!" I turned to see the beautiful girl running up with tears in her eyes, and I swear if I didn't know better I would think chance had tears as well.
    I had been told stories of heads and hikers dogs hitching to their owners, but this one happened to me so it made me a believer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++