WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: upcoming event

Images

Default upcoming event

Just wanted to spread the word about an upcoming event at the Schulkyll Center for Environmental Education in Roxborough, outside of Philadelphia.

The Center held a design competition for sleeping shelters situated in proximity to the Center's walking trails, highlighting ecofriendly construction or educating kids about the environment.

The parameters restricted size to 10'x10' area and sleeping for 4 kids.

http://www.schuylkillcenter.org/gimmeshelter/

The link is to renderings of the 6 structures currently being constructed on site.

This is the structure designed by the group I am part of. We use the name FORM in the link above. Obviously the shelter is still underconstruction

check it out if this interests you. The reception is May 9th the link should give you more info.

Trail Bum / Homeless Vet
    Images

As a kid in suburban Philly we did a field trip to the Schulykill Valley Nature Center is that where this event is? I tried the link it didn't work. As an aside
    I recently dropped my car off in Roxborogh to get some work done at Keller's Auto ( props to Bill ) and hiked the Schulykill River Trail from East Falls to Phoenixville. Pretty neat I even stopped at the Oaks Turf Club to bet on the ponies, and went to Eddie Arnolds to hit the indoor go cart track. I wish the AT used this trail to get through PA it rocks.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Worldwide View Post
    As a kid in suburban Philly we did a field trip to the Schulykill Valley Nature Center is that where this event is? I tried the link it didn't work. As an aside
    I recently dropped my car off in Roxborogh to get some work done at Keller's Auto ( props to Bill ) and hiked the Schulykill River Trail from East Falls to Phoenixville. Pretty neat I even stopped at the Oaks Turf Club to bet on the ponies, and went to Eddie Arnolds to hit the indoor go cart track. I wish the AT used this trail to get through PA it rocks.
    The link works for me-- I hope it works for others.

http://www.schuylkillcenter.org/ -- You could also try their home page and click the red, "gimme sheler" icon at the bottom of the page.

Yest this is the same facility as the Schulkyll Valley Nature Center. Apparently there was a name change at some point.

++ New Posts ++