WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Name and shame

Images

Quote Originally Posted by snowhoe View Post
    Egads do you know what WFYT means?
    Please share
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Images

Ice cream too? Don't let me down like when I was a kid and the doctor promised me ice cream after my tonsilectomy, but all I got was some lousy ice pops. If there is REAL ice cream involved I'm gonna HMHDI for life!
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Images

well you have to tell me what HMHDI means first!

Images

HMHDI = Hike My Hike - Damn It!

Another great contribution by MAGS.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...ighlight=HMHDI

Images

Check out Mags' flier "Hike my hike damn-it"

We're all just pack sniffers
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Images

Wow I dont think any one knows what it means either. Everybody talking about how much they know and then all of a sudden someone asks a question and no one seems to know. I think egads is probably sniffing some panties and is tied up for the moment. thats why he can not respond.

Images

Sorry took to long typing. never mind my last post. SORRY!!!

Images

Egads do you know what WFYT means?
    Wow I dont think any one knows what it means either. Everybody talking about how much they know and then all of a sudden someone asks a question and no one seems to know. I think egads is probably sniffing some panties and is tied up for the moment. thats why he can not respond.
    You don't know? Well F You Too...
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Images

Aren't you supposed to be at work? I think I hear your boss calling.

Has anyone else noticed that the original poster never came back to this thread? Troll? Or just scared away by reason?
    Don't take anything I say seriously... I certainly don't.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the original poster never came back to this thread? Troll? Or just scared away by reason?
    Happens quite a bit around here

It was obviously a troll from the start. I thought everybody knew that ;-)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by whykickamoocow View Post
    Yet when meeting day hikers on the trail, they would puff up their chests, give a broad smile and answer with a firm YES if asked if they were a thru hiker.
    So you expect someone has been out hiking for a few months to tell an innocent dayhiker, "No, I'm not a thru-hiker because a couple of times I went off into the woods to do my business, and restarted my hike a few feet down the Trail, skipping many inches of the True Path." The poor dayhikers would start backing away, trembling, possibly dialing 911.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

I knew this guy pretty well. He is just different. Chaco knows too. LOL

Even after enjoying or probably more accurately suffering through my company for 6 months, do you all still not understand the concept of satire. I did notice that people did start running down the trail in the opposite direction when they saw me coming, or they would hide behind a tree and pretend they could not see me. I must say people were so intense on the trail, and I just had to slightly yank peoples chain to get a massive reaction, where I am from satire, black humor, and sledging are a way of life. Although there were many who had a marvelous sense of humor on the trail, but you were always in great danger if you took me literally, I thought the quip about purple hearts would have been the give away. Purism was always such a hot topic, it was like announcing you were a bandito at a hells angel convention.

Hey Chaco, how did you know it was me, well spotted. I always paid for my accomodation on the trail, don't lump me in with a group from Chicago. I left the US on the 22 Sep and it was not long after that the US suffered its economic meltdown. I think my generous donations at hostels was keeping your economy afloat. With no more money from Daisy you are all being forced to sell your children for medical experiments.

THe one thing I learnt from the trail was that attitude was everything, and a good sense of humor and not taking oneself too seriously was an absolute must. We experience our lives through the filter of beliefs, especially in hard times and there are many hard times on the trail, and being from another country made me a bit different as pointed out by HnH. These beliefs become a self-fulfilling prophesy as we attract to ourselves the very thing we project outwards about the world.

I am so sorry for being so provocative, did not expect such a strong response, thought it may have given some people a bit of a wry smile. THis whole discussion reminds me of a time at a shelter that I anounced "eating chickes was unethical." What started as a joke, soon turned into a sceaming match between different groups. I should have learnt my lesson then.

you learnt so much

One commonly held opinion amongst the europeans that I've met is that Americans don't get satire, parody, or irony(or even know what irony really is).

Heh, Ohio St. just came out with a study which shows that a sizeable chunk of a certain party doesn't get the joke about Colbert. They think he's real.

Keep in mind that when you're dealing with Americans you're dealing with 45% that know stuff, 45% that feel stuff and 10% that don't care.

He's Australian. Not European. It's a Continent Well trolled Whykickamoocow..... still HMHDI!

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by whykickamoocow View Post
    THis whole discussion reminds me of a time at a shelter that I anounced "eating chickes was unethical." What started as a joke, soon turned into a sceaming match between different groups. I should have learnt my lesson then.
    You JOKED about chickens?! You're totally sick.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dances with Mice View Post
    You JOKED about chickens?! You're totally sick.

Better than what some cultures do to chickens........I mean...eat them

Sick Bastards

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++