WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JEBjr View Post
    I will leave a message on the trail journal I've been reading to see if the author can provide a discription. Sorry that I can't provide anything else other than locations of his alleged where abouts.
    Excellent idea...

Tried calling Bluff Mtn outfitters, left an email with the ATC and a voice mail. Id feel better calling Troutdale with a description. Talking with a cop friend about what we can do! Little Bear, can you chime in on this when you catch up on the thread

Section Hiking to Maine. little bear's Avatar
    Images

Before you call the Police in areas north of the Trail, the assault needs to be reported in the jurisdiction that it occurred in, ie the Sheriff’s Office in the county the assault happened. Then the Law Enforcement agency with jurisdiction can investigate it. Calling the Police up the trail is not going to help if there has not been an investigation started, and the police up the trail will not be able to make an arrest on something that has not been reported or investigated.

BEFORE ANY FURHTER COMMENT ABOUT WHAT I HAVE SAID:
    I am a Law Enforcement Officer with 9 years experience in; Crimes against people, Criminal investigations and other area of investigation.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by little bear View Post
    Before you call the Police in areas north of the Trail, the assault needs to be reported in the jurisdiction that it occurred in, ie the Sheriff’s Office in the county the assault happened. Then the Law Enforcement agency with jurisdiction can investigate it. Calling the Police up the trail is not going to help if there has not been an investigation started, and the police up the trail will not be able to make an arrest on something that has not been reported or investigated.

BEFORE ANY FURHTER COMMENT ABOUT WHAT I HAVE SAID:
    I am a Law Enforcement Officer with 9 years experience in; Crimes against people, Criminal investigations and other area of investigation.
    So basically, unless the Kiwi's report that an assault took place, there really isnt anything anyone can do besides alert everyone north, hostels, motels etc..

As Little Bear refers to and I have questioned early on, has there in fact been an "official" compliant by the victim in this situation? If not then this perpetrator (alleged), is walking 'scot free', so to speak, and all this drama is for naught, until he assaults someone else!

Images

Hope you aren't the officer that cought me urinating in public behind Shagger's Beach Club in Dunn. Guess that was more than 9 years ago.:-)

I think a discription would be nice for those out on the trail. Whether the New Zealanders press charges or not is up to them.

Truthfully I have no idea whether the guy has done anything or not. A the very least sounds like he is not someone I would want to be sharing a shelter with.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    So basically, unless the Kiwi's report that an assault took place, there really isnt anything anyone can do besides alert everyone north, hostels, motels etc..
    Actually, before police in Virginia can do anything there has to be a warrant on file in the state where the crime occurred AND that jurisdiction must be willing to extradite. If not, nothing can be done here in Virginia since he has apparently not committed a crime in Virginia.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DAJA View Post
    What possible loyalty could you feel for a coward that punches a guy in the back?
    I'm torn on whether or not to believe he is a Marine.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Ahhh... understandable...

Anyone have any idea how big this MOFO is? If he's a Lyle Alzeda looking MMA contender that's one thing, but if he's the typical scrawny or potgut AT hiker, someone ( or several) needs to just put him in his place. The authorities shouldn't even be involved in this, it oughta be handled on the spot. We are talking about the southern Appalachian mountains after all.

Size, in this situation, doesn't matter, sorry.

It sounds like this is just the beginning. Hell, I will call the local sheriff in Troutdale and report him. Violence has no place on the AT!!!
    ere is no local sheriff in troutdale and unless charges have been filed nothing can be done to this alleged assaulter

Quote Originally Posted by zoidfu View Post
    Well, I guess this guy is a ninja or something. Always one step ahead, can't get a description...
    i could go out right now and find him within 2 hours or less

Just called the ATC and left a message. Going to call Troutdale and MArion authorities
    you're acting on emotions not facts. you best back off before you start something you may regret

LW, how is that possible, as he left out of Damascus, per your account on Monday? Or else something else is afoot...

Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    LW, how is that possible, as he left out of Damascus, per your account on Monday? Or else something else is afoot...
    how is what possible? me finding him? he's prolly eatin' pizza at MR headquarters right now

Seems you know much more about the situation than you're letting on?

Quote Originally Posted by take-a-knee View Post
    Anyone have any idea how big this MOFO is? If he's a Lyle Alzeda looking MMA contender that's one thing, but if he's the typical scrawny or potgut AT hiker, someone ( or several) needs to just put him in his place. The authorities shouldn't even be involved in this, it oughta be handled on the spot. We are talking about the southern Appalachian mountains after all.
    Yeah a whiteblaze vigilante posse!
    Can i come and watch?
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

This was just passed on to me

Hello Chaco Taco,

Not sure, ( as there may be a bunch of "Spikes" out there ) but the photo states ; " Rambo ", " Little Engine " and " Spike "... those 2 names were stated on an earlier post...taken on 4/10 ...

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=427771

Also, a link to another journal stating that the attack was 4/8 & charges were filed in Hot Springs, N.C.

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=433112

LW I hear ya. I just know how my situation was and dont wish it on anyone!!! I should back off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    you're acting on emotions not facts. you best back off before you start something you may regret
    Yea I stopped to think about that. I just notified the ATC and not the police.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++