WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Maybe a dose of bearspray and a "wood shampoo" might make spike see the light. If he is causing a disturbance..

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin again View Post
    I prefer Ronald Reagan's "Blanket Party" approach.
    If you get my meaning.

I witnessed one of these once. I did not participate in it. I was in the Army in basic training at Ft. Jackson, SC, Jan 1966. We had 3 guys who had been drafted from Puerto Rico. Most of the rest of us had also been drafted but a few had enlisted. These 3 guys were total screw offs. They did not want to be there. We didn't either for that matter, but made the best of it. They tried every way they could to get discharged on an unadaptable status. The rest of us were competing for honors in the physical stuff, rifle range score, academics, etc.. We had 5 platoons in our company and the platoon scoring the highest for the 8 week training cycle would get a large plaque with the platoon number engraved on it. For the cycle before ours the 5th platoon, which was our platoon, had won the plaque and it was on display as you entered the barracks on the 1st floor. All of us, except the 3 dudes from PR, were trying hard to beat the other platoons and keep the plaque in our barracks. The troops down stairs where the main one of the PR guys bunk was decided to teach him a lesson. Late one night they threw a blanket over his head and held him down while 3 or 4 others beat the living crap out of him. I was upstairs, heard the comotion and came down stairs to see what was going on. The guy had knots all over his body. Within 2 or 3 days the 3 PR guys were all gone. Never knew what happened to them. I guess you could say the blanket party worked.

The thing is he hasnt broken any laws in VA.

Quote Originally Posted by DAJA View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing his plan as well... Afterall, Spike spent a night in LW's town, he could have addressed it then...
    what plan? the guy bothered no one while here. nothing but rumors and 2nd hand BS about the guy. nobody seems to know anything about him

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    Pac-i-fism (definition): belief that international disputes should be settled by peaceful means rather than by force or war. Pacify: To make peace.

What's wrong with being peaceful rather than combative?

Does this not come under "hike your own hike, your own way"?

Not being disrespectful, but you seem to always have the perfect answer/solution. Would be interested in hearing your stategy? Maybe the general hiker audience could learn something.

Personally, I think like Teddy Roosevelt: Speak softly but carry a BIG stick, (s). Leki's may be the perferred brand. LOL

so if spike smacked you around you'd just take it and not fight back. you're a paci

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    so if spike smacked you around you'd just take it and not fight back. you're a paci
    The question might be, what would you do if you had been present when Spike punched a elderly man in the back. I know this issue is still heresay. But that situation could get pretty explosive. Out in the woods with no LE close by. I often hike with my young children. I have thought, how would I handle this scenerio. I don't want to share the same space on the trail with a person like this. There has been to many accounts of this persons behavior on TJ to be completely false. I hope for the sake of the people out there he gets off the trail. If he is still out there, he will be in my neck of the woods soon.

Quote Originally Posted by zdank View Post
    Graffiti in shelters is ok. Smoking dope in the woods is wrong.
    smoking pot is fine. its the people banging heroin in my alley that worries me

Wandering Vagabond
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tenbeer View Post
    The question might be, what would you do if you had been present when Spike punched a elderly man in the back. I know this issue is still heresay. But that situation could get pretty explosive. Out in the woods with no LE close by. I often hike with my young children. I have thought, how would I handle this scenerio. I don't want to share the same space on the trail with a person like this. There has been to many accounts of this persons behavior on TJ to be completely false. I hope for the sake of the people out there he gets off the trail. If he is still out there, he will be in my neck of the woods soon.

Seems the best way to avoid this guy is to not stay in shelters. From what I gather 90% of the problems he causes is at shelters.

El Sordo
    Images

seems that Wendi on TJ has seen his conduct first hand. Since hikers aren't posting here much and posters aren't hiking I suppose that anything said here is second hand. His reported conduct may have broken a law in NC, but he's now in Virginia by all reports. I'm not sure there's much anyone can do about an obnoxious bully. If someone thinks they can then by all means go ahead. Tell us how it turned out.
    Dyslexics Untie!

He looks to be about twice my size so I figure I can give him a vicious bite or something

Isn't the AT listed as a national trail under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service? It that is so, it comes under the jurisdiction of the federal marshalls or the FBI. Question is where are they and why are they not investigating. I sent an email to the ATC questioning any action that may be taking place. No reply yet, plan a phone call tomorrow. I am a a member and would expect some knowledge of any investigation. This is a disturbing situation for sure. Rumors or not need to be check out.
    J D Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JDCool1 View Post
    Isn't the AT listed as a national trail under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service? It that is so, it comes under the jurisdiction of the federal marshalls or the FBI. Question is where are they and why are they not investigating. I sent an email to the ATC questioning any action that may be taking place. No reply yet, plan a phone call tomorrow. I am a a member and would expect some knowledge of any investigation. This is a disturbing situation for sure. Rumors or not need to be check out.
    DO not call the ATC, they know about him and what is going on. They know about what happened in Hot Springs, but there is nothing they can really do. He isnt breaking any laws. Just cuz he is an a**hole to everyone doesnt mean anything. Until something "happens", he is free to do whatever he wants until he breaks the law. Point is, the ATC knows and unless you know where he is and have some type of information that is useful, you shouldnt call.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidfu View Post
    He looks to be about twice my size so I figure I can give him a vicious bite or something

Sounds like a plan. Hope you get the chance to try it out.

but if he hit that kiwi man, isn't that assault and therefore breaking the law?

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    but if he hit that kiwi man, isn't that assault and therefore breaking the law?
    Charges were filed in Hot Springs for that. He will have to go to court to have that taken care of. Im not trying to block anyone from getting the guy off the trail, but its just that he will go before the judicial system and his court date is probably months away if he even has one. Now he is in VA and hasnt done anything that would warrant any charges. Innocent until proven guilty. I see what everyone is getting at, I called the ATC last week to see what is being done. They are only doing what they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Charges were filed in Hot Springs for that. He will have to go to court to have that taken care of. Im not trying to block anyone from getting the guy off the trail, but its just that he will go before the judicial system and his court date is probably months away if he even has one. Now he is in VA and hasnt done anything that would warrant any charges. Innocent until proven guilty. I see what everyone is getting at, I called the ATC last week to see what is being done. They are only doing what they can.
    cool. have you heard anything why ranger todd can't do anything about the hot springs charge since it happened on the trail?

DO not call the ATC, they know about him and what is going on. They know about what happened in Hot Springs, but there is nothing they can really do. He isnt breaking any laws. Just cuz he is an a**hole to everyone doesnt mean anything. Until something "happens", he is free to do whatever he wants until he breaks the law. Point is, the ATC knows and unless you know where he is and have some type of information that is useful, you shouldnt call.
    Sounds like BS. A foreign visitor was allegedly assaulted on the AT. The visitor should not be required to know all the details about reporting a crime to "proper" officials. He was in a NP. If officials have knowledge of this incident some kind of official investigation should be made. The ATC is not a law enforcement agency, however, they have a responsibility to take some kind of action. They have clout and pull and can apply pressure to NPS to investigate.
    Not to be rude, but it is not anyones business wether someone calls the ATC to voice concern, report a crime or just spout off about something. Maybe the ATC needs a few pesky phone calls to put a fire under thier butts.

Charges were filed in Hot Springs for that. He will have to go to court to have that taken care of. Im not trying to block anyone from getting the guy off the trail, but its just that he will go before the judicial system and his court date is probably months away if he even has one.
    you know this for a fact? did you talk to the police in hot springs? how will he show up in court if he's not aware of any charges against him? buncha BS this whole thing

Charges were filed???? That would be a major developement and mean a heck of alot to this discussion. To make such a statement of fact about this incident without real knowledge would be very irrisponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by nufsaid View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Hope you get the chance to try it out.
    I'm thinking about screaming, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN!!!!!!"(like Brad Pitt in fight club) before I strike.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++