WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: NOBO vs. SOBO

Last year, 21 of 23 days were downpour in Maine for SOBO's. They mentioned the numbers of people dropping out were incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Last year, 21 of 23 days were downpour in Maine for SOBO's. They mentioned the numbers of people dropping out were incredible.
    The hostels did a hell of a business though. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    The hostels did a hell of a business though. . . .
    Thats good!

We hiked from Katahdin to Franconia Notch last summer. . . minus the massive amounts of rain we likely would've made it to Dalton. . .

Registered User hammock engineer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Close to that in 07. I think 7 of the 10 days in the wilderness were rain. A lot past that. My favorite was when it was raining just hard enough to get wet and not want to wear rain gear, but not hard enough to keep the mosquitos away.

Wouldn't you say that if they dropped out that early, then they were going to quit anyways?

Images

In '06 it rained in Maine every day in June. July was pretty nice, though, weatherwise.

My unofficial statistics showed that a pretty high percentage of starters dropped out right off the bat. My "hiking partner" quit on day one, part of the way up Katahdin. There were a substantial number of knee injuries which had people off at Katahdin, White House Landing, and in Monson.

I don't know how it compares to the number of dropouts in Georgia. I suspect it's a similar percentage.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++