WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Springer to Neels in mid Nov.

Can someone tell me how trail conditions are, weather temps are from Springer to Neels Gap in mid Nov?
    Thanks

It could be anything, but you will most likely see lows around 30 to 40f and highs from 40 to 70f.

A hard freeze would not be out of the question, but that can be a very pleasant time in these parts.

I live in north Georgia, not far from the AT.

At that time of year, the minimum temperature you could likely encounter is mid-teens at the higher elevations. Snow is possible, but mid-November is a little early for snow. However, there could be rain, sleet and possibly winds of 30 - 40 mph.

"Normal" weather for that time is highs in the low-60's and lows in the high-30's to low-40's. It's hard to say about rain, it is certainly possible, even likely. However, the long periods of winter rain don't usually start until after Thanksgiving.
    RainmakerAT92
    www.trailquest.net

Images

Quote Originally Posted by weasel and bunny View Post
    Can someone tell me how trail conditions are, weather temps are from Springer to Neels Gap in mid Nov?
    Thanks
    Absolutely great hiking in Georgia during November.
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Warm days and cool nights. Views are opening up and still some fall color. Great time to hike.
    Moses

Images

It's gonna be cold. Then again, it could be warm. Or raining. Or snowing. Or all of the above within a 30 min. time period. Regardless, it'll be worth it.

Images

The bugs will be mostly gone and the poison ivy will be mostly leafless. You'll get constant views from the ridgeline, because the leaves will be off the trees. What more could you ask for?
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Images

I hiked Neels to Deep Gap in November and it was cold, some sleet, some sunshine, no bugs. It was great. Be prepared and have fun.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

I hiked Amicalola to Neels last November. It was perfect.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

++ New Posts ++