WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Where would you stay in Millinocket?

My partner and I are SOBOing it in mid June. We wanted to stay in Millinnocket for a few days to before/after doing Katahdin to explore the area, do last minute shopping, etc.

Any recommendations on where to stay? We were thinking Katahdin Cabins... any positive/negative experiences there? We do not want to stay in a hostel so as to enjoy our last days in comfort . We also have a rental car so shuttles to and from the trail don't need to be a consideration for lodging.

Thanks!

The best place is Appalachian Trail Lodge. Let Old Man and Navigator take good care of you. Great place, great hosts.
    J D Cool

Images

The AT Lodge has hostel dormitory accommodation and also private bedrooms with shared bath. The website is linked below.

http://www.appalachiantraillodge.com/

Whatever you do, I look forward to seeing you on the trail. I start SOBO on June 15.

AT Lodge is run by the finest kind of folks. Good packages too for MEGAs. But if you really don't want to stay in a hostel, Katahdin Cabins is a fine choice. Loaner bikes too!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Thanks! I made a reservation at Katahdin Cabins-- we have three people who want a private room/shower so that seemed like the best option.

Images

duh, seems like you had your mind made up before you even asked.... the best place is still at the AT Lodge with Ole Man and Navigator.

Default After finishing a NoBo

The Appalachian Trail Lodge sounds nice. Do many folks stay here the night after finishing a thru?

++ New Posts ++