WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Trail Days 09

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King View Post
    huh? Not me man, I decline being called anything but Lion King.

Im only a block from your house...maybe I should ask you what this means.

I want to thank everyone who came out to the screening and I thank everyone for all the kind words. Thanks to to Leki, Darn Tough, Princeton Tech etc...for the give aways and Jason for cooking up hamburgers for hikers so we could give some trail magic back to the people.

Good to see Wolf up and about...
    You so crazy. Thanks for everything LK. It was good to hang out.

[QUOTE=Blister;840521]Still enroute, sitting in the hotel bar of the Hilton at the Knoxville Airport, weekend way to short, unfortunatley missed hardcore this year however enjoyed a great Billvile slumber party on the top of Beauty Spot last night, more folks were scheduled to arrive tonight after hardcore. As I walked down the path from the top of beauty spot I felt the weekend was way to short of period to spend with such wonderful and close friends that unfortunatley are far away on daily basis.

I'd like to thankd Boo Boo for my enormous "Nuts"

Yes Blister they were some 'big nuts', but we in Billville always knew you had set. Tell 'Digger' we all said "hello" and that we missed him. Take care Sister.

Please post links to any photos or photo galleries here, and I'll add them to the Trail Days website, www.traildays.us. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Local View Post
    Please post links to any photos or photo galleries here, and I'll add them to the Trail Days website, www.traildays.us. Thanks.
    Here you go Local, http://picasaweb.google.com/reddog17...eat=directlink

-Gadget

Thanks, Reddog176, but I beat you to it. You're online already:

http://www.traildays.us/ Let me know if you want to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Cool. Makes me feel like Santa.
    Tinker,
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
    It is the best trail magic that I've ever recieved!
    To all out there that have never met Tinker (INCUDING ME!), the man is incredible. A while back he advertised a BPing guitar for sale. I am horrible with any type of musical instrument but figured that I would like to learn so I contacted him and we worked out a deal. Later in the week Tinker found that the guitar had a problem and was not willing to sell it in that condition. 5 months later I get an email from him stating that he is coming to TD's and that he will GIVE me the guitar. I looked for him all weekend as well as he looking for me but we never saw each other. He left the campground to go home and took the guitar with him. While stopping at Cowboys he turned around and decided to give it one more try with the guitar. He ran into Chaco, Chaco got the guitar to me and the rest is just more incredible trail magic.
    Tinker...Thanks again, I can't wait to meet you!

geek

...i had a heck of a time.......butttttt..!!....Stuck in Damascus.....Transmission went...$1,000 & 3 to 5 days 2 fix....won't have the cash till june 1st.....plus i have my pup w/me & no place 2 put him up ....i'm screwed..(sigh)...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Adams View Post
    Tinker,
    To all out there that have never met Tinker (INCUDING ME!), the man is incredible. A while back he advertised a BPing guitar for sale. I am horrible with any type of musical instrument but figured that I would like to learn so I contacted him and we worked out a deal. Later in the week Tinker found that the guitar had a problem and was not willing to sell it in that condition. 5 months later I get an email from him stating that he is coming to TD's and that he will GIVE me the guitar. I looked for him all weekend as well as he looking for me but we never saw each other. He left the campground to go home and took the guitar with him. While stopping at Cowboys he turned around and decided to give it one more try with the guitar. He ran into Chaco, Chaco got the guitar to me and the rest is just more incredible trail magic.

geek
    Yea Tinker is a cool dude. Met him in line for the pooper! What the hell did you eat dude?

[quote=BAG "o" TRICKS;840870]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blister View Post
    Still enroute, sitting in the hotel bar of the Hilton at the Knoxville Airport, weekend way to short, unfortunatley missed hardcore this year however enjoyed a great Billvile slumber party on the top of Beauty Spot last night, more folks were scheduled to arrive tonight after hardcore. As I walked down the path from the top of beauty spot I felt the weekend was way to short of period to spend with such wonderful and close friends that unfortunatley are far away on daily basis.

I'd like to thankd Boo Boo for my enormous "Nuts"

Yes Blister they were some 'big nuts', but we in Billville always knew you had set. Tell 'Digger' we all said "hello" and that we missed him. Take care Sister.
    I really would have liked to have been there. Matthewski, Johnny Thunder, Wakapak, Bu Bu, Bearpaw, Gaiter and myself represented Billville a few weeks ago on Beauty Spot. Had a blast with the hikers! Blister it was nice meeting you, and Tricks, we love you man! It is always so great to hang out with you. Jester, glad we finally got to meet and chat!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverWarriorPJ View Post
    ...i had a heck of a time.......butttttt..!!....Stuck in Damascus.....Transmission went...$1,000 & 3 to 5 days 2 fix....won't have the cash till june 1st.....plus i have my pup w/me & no place 2 put him up ....i'm screwed..(sigh)...lol...
    RiverWarrior, what are the details on your dog? I might be able to keep him/her for a few days. Then you would have the Place or the MRO hostel for yourself, could pick up the dog during the day. I'll come by the MRO hostel tonight to see if you're there.

Duh. Your dog's a "him." That was a dumb question on my part. I meant to ask, "Is your dog a raving lunatic which will bite me on the buttocks and chase my grand-children?"

Quote Originally Posted by Local View Post
    RiverWarrior, what are the details on your dog? I might be able to keep him/her for a few days. Then you would have the Place or the MRO hostel for yourself, could pick up the dog during the day. I'll come by the MRO hostel tonight to see if you're there.
    thnx local.....at the park 2 nite & going to mt rogers hostel Fri......I'll stop by town hall then.......thnx alot.......PS.....he's big but a nice guy....all dog owners say that.....lol...

OK, I'll look for you in the afternoon. I'm out of town a.m. and p.m. There might be some options for camping we can discuss, where you can keep your dog. Otherwise I can keep him for a few days. I'm heading to Ft. Jackson early next week, but we'll find a place for your dog.

kool.......super star u r.....thnx...

Tinker,

geek

You're very welcome. As I said to you via email, don't forget to thank God before you thank me. I used to be a pretty selfish s.o.b. He continues to work on me to be a little nicer each day. Enjoy the guitar .
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Yea Tinker is a cool dude. Met him in line for the pooper! What the hell did you eat dude?
    Lots of sausages and a big cheeseburger at Dot's. Too much meat .
    I guess I have to admit that salad and beer don't go together all that well. Back home I'm behaving myself a little better (probably because my wife does the cooking here ).
    Btw: I'm anything but cool. Different and weird are two adjectives that people use to describe me.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Lots of sausages and a big cheeseburger at Dot's. Too much meat .
    I guess I have to admit that salad and beer don't go together all that well. Back home I'm behaving myself a little better (probably because my wife does the cooking here ).
    Btw: I'm anything but cool. Different and weird are two adjectives that people use to describe me.
    Ok well I was just tryin to be nice you weird and awkward little man

Journal Entries
    Images

Tinker,

geek
    That is awesome! Right on Tinker..........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++