WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Hey, anyone see that sweet new Marmot suicide bomb vest? It's only 14.5 ounces!!!!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by zoidfu View Post
    Hey, anyone see that sweet new Marmot suicide bomb vest? It's only 14.5 ounces!!!!
    Too heavy. Any self respecting UL terrorist would never carry anything that heavy for a one time use.
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    I don't post here very often, but I had to throw in my $.02 on this one.

A gun ban has never stopped a criminal, so why bother. For the law abiding it should be a personal choice. I have several and know when it is sensible to carry and when it is not. Everyone else should do the same ..... make a personal choice.

None of it has to be more complicated than that.
    Assuming everyone is as sensible as you. Take a walk through your local walmart or bass pro shop and then come back and let me know if you feel comfortable allowing average citizens to come to a "sensible determination" on their own...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    This gun owner doesn't think it's a "win".
    Oh wait, you meant "gun nuts get a win", right?
    If you're so terrified of the scary scary deep dark woods you need a firearm to get yourself past the trailhead parking lot you should just stay home.
    I personally don't carry and won't start because of this. I just believe the 2nd should be up-held and this is a good start. Anyone whom is a responsible gun owner knows that this really changes nothing for the people that don't/won't carry. The people that carry weapons that would give you any trouble would be packing regardless of what the law says.

All this will do is give honest citizens the right to defend themselves if they so happen to run into one of these thugs.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DAJA View Post
    Assuming everyone is as sensible as you. Take a walk through your local walmart or bass pro shop and then come back and let me know if you feel comfortable allowing average citizens to come to a "sensible determination" on their own...
    38 states have already allowed average citizens to carry handguns on a daily basis. The guy you bump into in walmart already has a gun in his pocket. This has not resulted in mistaken shootings or increased danger to overall citizenry. Sensible determination has already been made.

This amendment extends that ability to NPs- that is all. It allows for consistency of law

But I guess those same "sensible" citizens can be trusted to choose rulers to figure everything out for them. I wonder where the rulers shop? Your ill-liberal bonafides shine quite clearly in that post. I go to Bass Pro and Walmart all the time, I have yet to feel "threatened" there by anyone. I usually have a 9mm in my pocket though.

Quote Originally Posted by take-a-knee View Post
    But I guess those same "sensible" citizens can be trusted to choose rulers to figure everything out for them. I wonder where the rulers shop? Your ill-liberal bonafides shine quite clearly in that post. I go to Bass Pro and Walmart all the time, I have yet to feel "threatened" there by anyone. I usually have a 9mm in my pocket though.

Clearly....

Images

There are requirements that states have in order to obtain the permit to carry concealed. The beginning of this thread pointed out that the law about loaded weapons in National Parks was about to change, but that doesn't mean it's suddenly going to be legal for everyone to carry a concealed loaded weapon there. The folks who always carried unlawfully will still do so and the law abiding folks with the proper permits will have the option to make a choice.

On that note, please cut out the personal attacks. That has been said before on this message board and it would be nice if people would take a moment to moderate their own comments in that respect. Reading back through this thread it's obvious which posts I'm talking about. Thanks.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

The persuasiveness of these arguments leads me to believe that everyone changed their minds, so this is a good place to end the discussion.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by ed bell View Post
    There are requirements that states have in order to obtain the permit to carry concealed. The beginning of this thread pointed out that the law about loaded weapons in National Parks was about to change, but that doesn't mean it's suddenly going to be legal for everyone to carry a concealed loaded weapon there. The folks who always carried unlawfully will still do so and the law abiding folks with the proper permits will have the option to make a choice.

On that note, please cut out the personal attacks. That has been said before on this message board and it would be nice if people would take a moment to moderate their own comments in that respect. Reading back through this thread it's obvious which posts I'm talking about. Thanks.
    I want to add though that the General Forum mods really work hard at trying to keep these threads open but the same people continue to trash the discussion rather than have a reasonable conversation. Some of you find it so important to talk about yet when you get to the table all you are capable of doing is slinging insults. You all are shooting yourselves in the feet.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++