Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Coming Soon... Silnylon Tipi!

will have pictures up by the end of the day.....

I Gotta Get out of Here!! Foyt20's Avatar
    Images

Thats pretty sweet.

ooh cool! i want one!

almost finished...

ok, here it is pitched as tight as i could. it has great stretch and weighs in at 14 oz. for the canopy alone. it sleeps 3 and has inside hanging loops for drying clothes. the top pull zips down for venting.

Climber, caver, camper, canoeist since 1965

MAN, you got this thing down PAT. Looking GOOD.
    We don't stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking. Finis Mitchell

El Sordo
    Images

great!! now if you can just figure out a way to put a stove panel in there for one of the Kifaru folding sheet metal stoves. What are the dimensions?
    Dyslexics Untie!

Quote Originally Posted by generoll View Post
    great!! now if you can just figure out a way to put a stove panel in there for one of the Kifaru folding sheet metal stoves. What are the dimensions?
    Titanium Goat sells their stove jack, IIRC.

I Gotta Get out of Here!! Foyt20's Avatar
    Images

What kind of a pole is that? Would there be a way to use treking poles?

now that you mention it, i have some stovejacks that i put in my poly tipis. the poly is still way stronger than the sil. and not all that much heavier. i will use the poly in the winter(with the stovejack) and this one in the warmer months.

this canopy is right at 14 oz.

two trekking poles taped together work great. the next pics. i post i will demonstrate. i always carry a roll of black elec. tape with me. great stuff!

I like a single hiking staff and this would be great for that.

Very cool !!!

Do you have plans for a bug-proof rendition? Floor with net door ? I am impressed with what you are doing.

thanks to all who have posted the very good comments and compliments! i have put some bug netting in other tents and floors too, but i did this one to stay as simple and ultrlight as possible. here it is as a packable 14 oz. item....

Quote Originally Posted by generoll View Post

the dimensions are 5 ft. 5 center and 10 ft. diam.

i am starting on a camo ripstop 13 ft. by 6 ft center today. i will post pics of it through the const. and when it is complete. this thing is alot bigger than the lime one!!

not the one i am working on but it might be something you all would like to see anyways. i will update the progress on the 13x6 asap.

That looks REALLY good.

Any thoughts on making it with a catenary cut?

Quote Originally Posted by The Will View Post
    That looks REALLY good.

Any thoughts on making it with a catenary cut?

anythigs possible. i can do alot of custom stuff and the pattern doesn't seem that difficult. just modify the existing pattern with a curved bottom edge. why would you want it that way? just asking?

Quote Originally Posted by wyominglostandfound View Post
    anythigs possible. i can do alot of custom stuff and the pattern doesn't seem that difficult. just modify the existing pattern with a curved bottom edge. why would you want it that way? just asking?
    I'm not sure I can explain the physics of it, but a catenary cut, for example in a tarp pitched with a single ridgeline between two trees, give an inherent "bow/downward curve in the ridgeline. I believe that this leads to a tighter pitch of the over-all tarp as opposed to the sag and flagging that is created when a tarp with a straight ridgeline sags w/time or moisture. I'm open to correction or clarification.

My interest in this in a teepee shelter is that it significantly lowers the surface area/sail area and provides a teepee with excellent stability in high wind conditions. Of course, floor square footage is not compromised.

I'm sure giving it a "curved bottom edge" would provide the same effect, rather the seems that go from top to ground would need to be curved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++