WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default As if bears, snakes, and madmen aren't enough to worry about...

One pot meth labs, sitting in the woods.

http://minnesotafireservice.com/pict...h_one_pot.html

Can you imagine picking up "litter" and going ka-boom!?!

Images

just when you think people can't get anymore worthless they do. that is messed up.

I often wondered, while hiking the PCT in SoCal, how often I came within 10 miles of an underground meth lab. That crap is pure chemical brainrot. I see long time tweakers in Hawaii and many parts of the southwestern U.S. literally paranoid walking zombie junkies from the stuff. Stay away from it!

Seen a lot of bad things in my life....none as bad as a meth addict. I found a lady almost dead behind a middle school a couple years ago while out on a morning jog.

I don't KNOW for sure that it was meth... I think she was smoking speed balls (heroin and cocaine mixed) out of a metal socket wrench with some metal scouring pad inside as a catch or screen.

She was smoking out of that little snuffer until the right side of her lips and mouth were seared together. It was nasty. Paramedics said if I didn't call she would have died there.....still dont know what happened....

Just stay away from people picking skin off of their face and arms thinking its bugs.....

Images

Yes working substance abuse the crack heads are by far the worst.
    Would you be offended if I told you to
    TAKE A HIKE!
    CowHead

"If at first you don't succeed......Skydiving is not for you" Zen Isms

I once was lost, then I hike the trail

Images

Quote Originally Posted by waywardfool View Post
    One pot meth labs, sitting in the woods.

http://minnesotafireservice.com/pict...h_one_pot.html

Can you imagine picking up "litter" and going ka-boom!?!
    This has been around for a few years in other parts of the country.

Can anyone tell me what this or a functioning meth production smells like.

Other than pungent.

Bound to turn up here. Would not enjoy lifting a Coleman can and shaking it to see if it had fuel in it.

Smells like cat pee. Very strong ammonia smell.

Found a crack pipe at a road crossing last year

Images

Meth is the poor white trash answer to crack. It is relatively easy to produce, as evidenced by the chemical geniuses who cook it. It is also one of the more harmful substances people abuse. If you look at the before and after photos (usually jail booking photos) of abusers, they age 20 years in about 6 months.

The labs themselves are hazmat areas and should be avoided at all costs. Inhaling fumes from some of that crap can cause permanent harm and even death if in a confined space.

Here in central Florida, where meth is quite common, the labs are showing up in the woods all over so I wouldn't doubt that is case in other areas as well. Be careful and if you even suspect that you are near such an operation I would highly advise you to vacate the area with much haste.
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Images

I hate it because now I have got to stand in line at the phramacy to get advil. Reminds you of old moonshine stills being set up in the woods. Except moonshine is GOOOD! Love the peach yummy!

Images

Default as if bears,snakes,and madmen arent enough to worry about

Sad thing is people cook that crap around their children,sadky

Quote Originally Posted by snowhoe View Post
    I hate it because now I have got to stand in line at the phramacy to get advil. Reminds you of old moonshine stills being set up in the woods. Except moonshine is GOOOD! Love the peach yummy!
    Advil does not contain pseudoephedrine and has nothing to do with the production of meth. Why would you have to wait at the counter for it? Unless it is some Advil cold product that might contain pseudoephedrine...but I don't think any of them do.

Images

H&M we not only have to wait in line for it but we have got to show a valid state id, and fill out a form with our name and address on it.

Sorry to hear that. Didn't realize it was that bad. Little Nazi' esque?

I have heard rumors about Duncannon being the meth capitol of the AT. any trurh to this?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Hipo View Post
    Smells like cat pee. Very strong ammonia smell.
    Thank you.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Homer&Marje View Post
    Advil does not contain pseudoephedrine and has nothing to do with the production of meth. Why would you have to wait at the counter for it? Unless it is some Advil cold product that might contain pseudoephedrine...but I don't think any of them do.
    It's probably used in the production process. Do you remember Polar Pur for water treatment, the super-concentrated iodine crystals? You added water and the water would become a water treatment solution from the iodine it leeched from the crystals. A thru-hiker could do the whole AT on two of them.

Well, at REI, we had to pull the stuff off the shelves and require customers to see a manager to get one bottle max. Why? The heavily concentrated iodine was highly prized by meth cookers for something in the cooking process. You can't even buy it at REI any more.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Homer&Marje View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Didn't realize it was that bad. Little Nazi' esque?
    H&M my fault it is the advil cold and sinus medicine not the regular advil. My fault. Maybe that will shed some light on it.

Images

Smells like strong ammonia (cat pee) and in areas of heavy use look for lots of coffee filters or strips of foil.

One of our Realtors visited a meth house (not knowing) and after 10 minutes was hospitialized fore 2 weeks. This was during a clean-up period. Sad part was the contractor doing the clean-up was letting his kids run all over. Scary.
    Turtle2

Section Hiker, 625 miles & counting mooseboy's Avatar
    Images

I remember reading (on Whiteblaze I think) that Rocky Mountain Shelter in Southern PA seemed to be frequented by meth addicts or something-- probably because it's so close to the road.

Any truth to this?
    --There is always more uphill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++