WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Eagles Nest how do you like them?

I picked up an ENO singlenest cheap at the Eddie Bauer Outlet. How many folks use them for camping? I am thinking about picking up a tarp and some straps to complete the set.

i have been using the eno since i got rid of my hh a long time ago. never regretted it. still going strong!!! great hammock and you can not beat the price!!

go and check out the sister site from wb, hammock forums.net
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Images

I enjoy my ENO style hammocks. I prefer the doubles over the singles because I can get more diagonal (see: flatter lay), but I still sleep like a rock in the singles. Love the material, feels nice against the skin.

I don't carry any of them on long hikes, I've got lighter hammocks for those, but for quick trips they're great! Best camp lounging hammock out there IMO.
    Tomorrow might just be too late and today is just beginning.

I love them as well. I actually "upgraded" to a HH and hated it. Went back to ENO.

AT 2012

IMO the single nest is just great -- a bit lighter than a double nest, and just fine if you're not too tall... tarp and straps, sure, but don't forget some bottom insulation. hammock forums has all the info...
    Lazarus

Thanks for the advice. Need to get a but net soon. Skeeters and ticks are nasty this year!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SARdaddy View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Need to get a but net soon. Skeeters and ticks are nasty this year!
    Check out Warbonnet Outdoors. He makes a bug netting that will fit just fine on your ENO and it's less than half the weight (7.4 oz) of the ENO Guardian netting (16 oz).

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    IMO the single nest is just great -- a bit lighter than a double nest, and just fine if you're not too tall... tarp and straps, sure, but don't forget some bottom insulation. hammock forums has all the info...
    Lazarus would you qualify the too tall, I just bought a single ENO and have not tried it out, I'll send it back if you say 6'4" falls into that too tall category and replace it with a double. When I decided to buy the ENO to use in place of my HH, I looked at both specs and both seemed comparable in lenght ENO single is 118" long where as the HH Explorer Deluxe is 110" long. There is a disparity as far as the width is concerned ENO at 55" verses HH at 66". The ENO is much lighter than the Hennessey especially once the rings are replaced with light weight wire gated carabiners.
    The journey of 10,000 miles, begins with the first step.

Thanks Cannibal!!!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I enjoy my ENO style hammocks. I prefer the doubles over the singles because I can get more diagonal (see: flatter lay), but I still sleep like a rock in the singles. Love the material, feels nice against the skin.

I don't carry any of them on long hikes, I've got lighter hammocks for those, but for quick trips they're great! Best camp lounging hammock out there IMO.
    I also prefer the Doublenest for the diagonal lay. I know 5 or 6 people who have been using only ENO hammocks for the past 2-3 years with no problems. I'd avoid the ENO Slapstraps which are nylon (stretch out over time) and go with 1" Poly or Polypro webbing with either cinch buckles, tri-glides, biners...for a better suspension system.

I was thinking about doing a little Hammock Hanging next weekend. I guess all you need is a tarp and a couple trees right?

I love my Double ENO. I use it for hot and moderate weather. For winter I have double layer zHammock with a poncho liner sewn into it.

Tod

Images

My ENO double nest is my go-to hammock for winter, when bugs are not an issue. I like the way my underquilt fits it. With the extra material, I can wrap it around me and it makes for a bit nicer draft protection.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

get a double. my single nest is a little too narrow to get a good diagonal.

Friend of mine has a single and a double...I really like the single. He has the ridgelines set perfectly and they both hang the same no matter where you tie them and I have used both and are gonna buy me one of each soon!!

Images

Just a quick update on a new product. Trek Light hammocks has a cart set-up at the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder, CO. This past weekend when I was there I saw that they are now selling bug-nets too. Trek Lights are basically the same thing as the ENOs, just a different name and owner. The netting used cinch cords on the ends to seal (like a hammock sock). I don't know the weights....yet, but I'd bet a good chunck they are lighter than the ENO Guardian bug-nets. Just an FYI.

++ New Posts ++