WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Default Directions to Delaware Water Gap

Can someone give me directions to a good place to get on the trail at Delaware Water Gap? I'd like to be close enough to start at the NJ state line.

Coming into the area on I-80 E

Catskill 3500 #1575
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    Can someone give me directions to a good place to get on the trail at Delaware Water Gap? I'd like to be close enough to start at the NJ state line.

Coming into the area on I-80 E
    Crossing from PA to NJ over the Delaware River on Rt 80 the walkway on the RH side of the bridge is the AT. Exit to the right immediately after crossing the bridge. There's a visitor center there where you can ask where to park. I think there are different areas for short term and longer term parking. The center of the bridge is the NJ/PA line.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEM View Post
    Crossing from PA to NJ over the Delaware River on Rt 80 the walkway on the RH side of the bridge is the AT. Exit to the right immediately after crossing the bridge. There's a visitor center there where you can ask where to park. I think there are different areas for short term and longer term parking. The center of the bridge is the NJ/PA line.
    So once you get off at that first exit, you can go straight, passing the VC and the roadway will turn left and pass UNDER I-80, where you will turn left again and Parallel I -80 on a service road for less than 1/4 mile and there is hiker parking on the right. there is also a smaller 2nd lot a little further up on the right.
    You can then continue W next to I-80 and either turn left again to get back to the VC or go right onto Mine road and Head north towards Flatbrookville, Millbrook area along the Delaware river to the state park/campsite.
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

++ New Posts ++